Imran Hussain’s voting in Parliament
Imran Hussain is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Imran Hussain sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Imran Hussain generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Imran Hussain generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Imran Hussain’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Imran Hussain’s full vote analysis page for more.
Imran Hussain has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what steps the Government takes to minimise the separation of peer and sibling groups among unaccompanied asylum-seeking children as part of the National Transfer Scheme.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what steps the Government is taking to ensure that the unique needs of unaccompanied asylum-seeking children are met during integration into education, care and health services.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what measures are in place to ensure that the receipt of unaccompanied asylum-seeking children (a) incorporates young person-centred practice and (b) is efficient.
More of Imran Hussain’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bradford East
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Imran Hussain campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for International Development
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Home Office
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Developing Countries: Females
- English Language: Education
- Burundi: Overseas Aid
- Mental Health Services
- Dental Services
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (since 14 Jan 2016)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (since 9 Nov 2015)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (since 12 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Imran Hussain’s speeches
- Has received answers to 118 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.95% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 65 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Imran Hussain’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 23 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from