Imran Hussain campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Imran Hussain’s voting in Parliament
Imran Hussain is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Imran Hussain sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Imran Hussain generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
Imran Hussain generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Imran Hussain’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Imran Hussain’s full vote analysis page for more.
Imran Hussain has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how many cases brought before employment tribunals have been related to minimum wage claims in (a) Bradford, (b) Yorkshire and the Humber and (c) England in each year since 2008.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how many cases have been brought before employment tribunals in (a) Bradford, (b) Yorkshire and the Humber and (c) England in each year since 2008.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how many women have brought cases before employment tribunals in (a) Bradford, (b) Yorkshire and the Humber and (c) England in each year since 2008.
More of Imran Hussain’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bradford East
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for International Development
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- HM Treasury
- Developing Countries: Females
- English Language: Education
- Burundi: Overseas Aid
- Mental Health Services
- Developing Countries: Taxation
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (since 14 Jan 2016)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (since 9 Nov 2015)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (since 12 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Imran Hussain’s speeches
- Has received answers to 120 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.41% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Imran Hussain’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 16 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 21 Nov 2016.
Name of donor: Medical Aid for Palestinians
Address of donor: 33a Islington Park Street, London N1 1QB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation and other transport with a total value of £758.72
Destination of visit: West Bank
Date of visit: 15–19 February 2016
Purpose of visit: fact finding visit organised by the Council for Arab-British Understanding and Medical Aid for Palestinians.
(Registered 07 March 2016
Barrister, not currently practising. (Registered 04 June 2015
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from