Imran Hussain’s voting in Parliament
Imran Hussain is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Imran Hussain sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Imran Hussain voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Imran Hussain’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Imran Hussain’s full vote analysis page for more.
Imran Hussain has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Prison officers play a vital role in equipping offenders for their release, including by helping them prepare for work or education on the outside. In his speech to the Tory party conference, the Justice Secretary committed to recruiting more prison officers to fill the huge gap created by his Government’s austerity cuts. So can he guarantee that by the end of this Parliament there will...
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how many prison governors since 2010 who were transferred to another prison had served as prison governors in the prison they were transferred from for between (a) 0 to 6 months, (b) 6 to 12 months and (c) 12 to 24 months.
What assessment he has made of recent trends in the level of wage growth and inflation.
More of Imran Hussain’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bradford East
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Imran Hussain campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Justice
- Department for International Development
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Education
- Prisons: Drugs
- Prisons: Vocational Guidance
- Developing Countries: Females
- Offenders: Females
- Public Transport: Tickets
Currently held offices
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (since 3 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (14 Jan 2016 to 3 Jul 2017)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (12 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 45 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Imran Hussain’s speeches
- Has received answers to 159 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.67% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 67 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Imran Hussain’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 44 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from