Luke Hall’s voting in Parliament
Luke Hall is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Luke Hall sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Luke Hall voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Luke Hall voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Luke Hall’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Luke Hall’s full vote analysis page for more.
Luke Hall has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what recent steps the Government has taken to ensure that (a) negotiations between Vertex Pharmaceuticals and NHS England on access to Orkambi for people with cystic fibrosis proceed without further delay and (b) an agreement is reached between the two parties.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, pursuant to the oral contribution of the Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health and Social Care of 17 July 2018, Official Report, column 384, what progress the Government has made on access to Orkambi in England since Vertex Pharmaceuticals was called on to accept NHS England’s proposal to make that drug available to...
What steps he is taking to improve broadband and mobile phone coverage in rural areas.
More of Luke Hall’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Thornbury and Yate
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Luke Hall campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Transport
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Digital
- Media and Sport
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Unemployment: Thornbury and Yate
- Income Tax: Thornbury and Yate
- Garden Communities: Construction
- Transport: Infrastructure
Currently held offices
- Member, Petitions Committee (since 5 Mar 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Petitions Committee (28 Nov 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Luke Hall’s speeches
- Has received answers to 43 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.98% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 59 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Luke Hall’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 38 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from