A selection of Luke Hall's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2015–2016
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
5 votes for, 15 votes against, 3 absences, between 2016–2017
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Generally voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2016
Consistently voted against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2016–2017
We have lots more plain English analysis of Luke Hall’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Luke Hall’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, whether South Gloucestershire Council has made any funding applications to his Department for new developments, spatial plans or strategic development sites in Thornbury and Yate constituency.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what the outcome of South Gloucestershire Council's application to the large sites and housing zones capacity fund for a new Buckover Garden Village is.
I beg to move, That this House has considered the West of England’s joint spatial plan and green space in Thornbury and Yate. It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship today, Mr Turner. I requested this debate because of the unprecedented levels of concern in my constituency about the West of England’s joint spatial plan, especially in the communities of Thornbury,...
More of Luke Hall’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Thornbury and Yate
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Luke Hall campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Transport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Garden Communities: Construction
- Transport: Infrastructure
- Personal Independence Payment: Secure Psychiatric Units
- Trade Unions: Membership
- National Union of Mineworkers: Northumberland
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Petitions Committee (28 Nov 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Luke Hall’s speeches
- Has received answers to 19 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.65% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 18 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from