Luke Hall’s voting in Parliament
Luke Hall is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Luke Hall sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Luke Hall voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Luke Hall voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Luke Hall’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Luke Hall’s full vote analysis page for more.
Luke Hall has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 11 Feb 2019
What plans he has for farming policy after the UK leaves the EU.
I thank the Minister for that answer. Will he update me on what steps the Government are taking, following a very serious case in my constituency, to give the courts the power to grant injunctions to prevent people who are on trial for animal cruelty from acquiring new animals as they go through that legal process?
What recent estimate the Church of England has made of the extent of metal theft from its churches.
More of Luke Hall’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Thornbury and Yate
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Luke Hall campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Transport
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Digital
- Media and Sport
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Unemployment: Thornbury and Yate
- Income Tax: Thornbury and Yate
- Garden Communities: Construction
- Transport: Infrastructure
Currently held offices
- Member, Petitions Committee (since 5 Mar 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Petitions Committee (28 Nov 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Luke Hall’s speeches
- Has received answers to 45 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.26% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 70 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Luke Hall’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 47 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Feb 2019.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Andrew Godson
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Fundraising dinner with a value of £3,461
Donor status: individual
(Registered 06 February 2019)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)