A selection of David Warburton's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 8 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Generally voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2016
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Warburton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Warburton’s full vote analysis page for more.
What assessment he has made of the contribution of the UK single market to Scotland.
Does my right hon. Friend agree that the best deal for Scotland is to stay part of the United Kingdom and to work with the UK Government to do all it can to support a new free trade agreement with the EU?
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, whether plans to dual the A303 and upgrade the A358 will change in response to the recommendations in the recently published National Audit Office report, Progress with the Road Investment Strategy.
More of David Warburton’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Somerton and Frome
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
David Warburton campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- HM Treasury
- Department for Education
- Department for Transport
- Home Office
- British Overseas Territories: Marine Conservation Zones
- Schools: Somerton and Frome
- Roads: South West
- Asylum: Children
- Trade Promotion: South West
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (7 Nov 2016 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all David Warburton’s speeches
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.30% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 124 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 27 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK sources
Name of donor: UK Music
Address of donor: 4th Floor, 49 Whitehall
, London, SW1A 2BX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets for Glastonbury Festival
, total value £790 plus vat (£948)
Date received: 6 June 2016
Date accepted: 10 June 2016
Donor status: company, registration no 3245288
(Registered 26 July 2016
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
MyHigh Ltd, an online retailer which ceased trading in July 2016. (Registered 05 June 2015
; updated 14 November 2016
Oflang Limited, a property development company, wound up in September 2016
. (Registered 05 June 2016; updated 14 November 2016)
Oflang Partners LLP
, a property development company. (Registered 05 June 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Harriet Warburton, as a Communications Officer
and Personal Assistant. (Registered 05 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from