Maggie Throup’s voting in Parliament
Maggie Throup is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Maggie Throup sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Maggie Throup voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Maggie Throup voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Maggie Throup’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Maggie Throup’s full vote analysis page for more.
Maggie Throup has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
Does my right hon. Friend agree that we hold a unique position of privilege, that on matters of such importance as Brexit legislation our constituents therefore expect us to vote in person on their behalf whenever possible, and that just one high-profile error should not change the system we have in place?
Does my right hon. Friend agree that any trial under any circumstance should always be fair and transparent because the relatives and friends of the victims deserve the best?
Will my right hon. Friend update the House on what progress has been made to select sites for HS2 garden villages in the east midlands, especially around the Toton hub?
More of Maggie Throup’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Erewash
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Maggie Throup campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Transport
- Department for Education
- Department for International Trade
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Obesity: Surgery
- Respiratory System: Diseases
- HIV Infection: Drugs
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 20 Feb 2018)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 28 Nov 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 74 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Maggie Throup’s speeches
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.26% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 68 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Maggie Throup’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 94 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from