Maggie Throup campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Maggie Throup’s voting in Parliament
Maggie Throup is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Maggie Throup sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Maggie Throup consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Maggie Throup’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Maggie Throup’s full vote analysis page for more.
Maggie Throup has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Modern Slavery (Transparency in Supply Chains) Bill [HL] - 2nd reading – Maggie Throup.
Does my right hon. Friend agree that, however well intentioned, the message of the WASPI campaigners has been severely damaged by the hate campaign on social media and in constituency offices against MPs, such as me, whose viewpoint is different from the campaigners’? Will he condemn that and say that it must stop?
More of Maggie Throup’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Erewash
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department of Health
- Department for Transport
- Department for International Trade
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Obesity: Surgery
- HIV Infection: Drugs
- Respiratory System: Diseases
- M1: East Midlands
Currently held offices
- Member, Health Committee (since 8 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 28 Nov 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 61 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Maggie Throup’s speeches
- Has received answers to 15 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.19% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Maggie Throup’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 55 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 21 Nov 2016.
Name of donor: Conservative Friends of Israel Ltd
Address of donor: PO
Box 72288, London SW1P 9LB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and accommodation; £2,000
Destination of visit: Israel and the West Bank
Date of visit: 14–19 February 2016
Purpose of visit: fact finding political delegation.
(Registered 22 February 2016)
Name of donor: BASF
Address of donor: BASF SE
/S - C100, 67056 Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights £278.35 and hotel £118.77, total £397.12
Destination of visit: Ludwigshafen, Germany
Date of visit: 21-22 July 2016
Purpose of visit: fact-finding visit to BASF production site organised by the Industry and Parliament Trust
(Registered 04 August 2016
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Bradford: (i). (Registered 21 May 2015
House in Solihull: (i) and (ii). (Registered 21 May 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from