Brendan O'Hara’s voting in Parliament
Brendan O'Hara is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Brendan O'Hara’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Brendan O'Hara’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Brendan O'Hara’s full vote analysis page for more.
Brendan O'Hara has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
The Minister said a moment ago that BDUK is on hand to offer technical solutions. Perhaps he is coming to my direct question on the problems of GigaPlus Argyll. BDUK offered no solutions; it absolutely abandoned GigaPlus Argyll and ignored me, as the Member of Parliament, on numerous occasions.
So, for clarity, BDUK has no role to play in the position of GigaPlus Argyll, despite being set up through BDUK? BDUK has no role to play for an elected MP to contact?
As always, it is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Howarth. I cannot imagine you expected such a feisty start to your morning. What we have seen this morning is probably best described as a missed opportunity to discuss sensibly and rationally what is happening across Scotland, particularly in our rural communities, as Conservative Members from Scotland decided they would rather...
More of Brendan O'Hara’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Argyll and Bute
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Brendan O'Hara campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Digital
- Media and Sport
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Clyde Naval Base: Military Police
- Trident Missiles: Testing
- Submarines: Accidents
- Syria: Armed Conflict
Currently held offices
- Member, Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Culture and Media) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 12 Sep 2017)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Defence) (20 May 2015 to 20 Jun 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 54 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Brendan O'Hara’s speeches
- Has received answers to 66 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.58% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 130 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Brendan O'Hara’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 88 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2017.
Name of donor: United Arab Emirates
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address of donor: Al Bateen, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): travel and accommodation with a value of £3,500
Destination of visit: United Arab Emirates
Dates of visit: 1-7 April 2017
Purpose of visit: As part of the UAE APPG
, to meet with Government Ministers, Members of the Federal National Council
and senior business figures to build on the bilateral relationship and promote trade and investment ties.
(Registered 24 April 2017)
Name of donor: APPG for the Polar Regions
, with sponsorship from the Prince Albert II
of Monaco Foundation and the Mamont Foundation
Address of donor: House of Commons
, London SW1A 0AA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights £460.20; travel around Svalbard £454.21; accommodation and food £449.63; £1,364.04 in total
Destination of visit: Svalbard, Norway
Dates of visit: 28 August to 1 September 2017
Purpose of visit: to visit British scientists at the NERC
Arctic Research Station at Ny-Alesund
and to learn more about Britain's contribution to polar science (Registered 27 September 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Director and shareholder of Oh! Television; a television production company. The company has not traded. (Registered 11 January 2016
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Catherine O'Hara, as part time Constituency
Assistant. (Registered 19 January 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from