Brendan O'Hara’s voting in Parliament
Brendan O'Hara is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Brendan O'Hara’s votes.
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
39 votes for, 2 votes against, 6 absences, between 2016–2018
Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Brendan O'Hara’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Brendan O'Hara’s full vote analysis page for more.
Brendan O'Hara has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
Following this shameful demolition, what must the state of Israel do for this Government to act? That has to be the question. The Minister has said many times this afternoon that it is not UK Government policy, but does he agree that the time has come for the UK at least to examine genuinely hard-hitting, far-reaching economic sanctions, because negotiation, pleading and appeals to...
A more enlightened US President, John F. Kennedy, once said that “the rights of every man are diminished when the rights of one man are threatened.” Can we have a debate in Government time to discuss the US Government’s decision to abandon the United Nations Human Rights Council, so cynically announced on World Refugee Day, and to allow Members to register their abhorrence...
Scottish National party Members have always been very concerned that these vital services were ever thought appropriate for privatisation. Our added concern is that the protection of national and defence strategic assets has been given to a company with such a chequered past. Indeed, on the day of the announcement, Capita’s chief executive was appearing before the Public Accounts...
More of Brendan O'Hara’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Argyll and Bute
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Brendan O'Hara campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Digital
- Media and Sport
- Department for International Development
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Clyde Naval Base: Military Police
- Trident Missiles: Testing
- Submarines: Accidents
- Syria: Armed Conflict
Currently held offices
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Inclusive Society) (since 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 12 Sep 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Culture and Media) (20 Jun 2017 to 17 May 2018)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Defence) (20 May 2015 to 20 Jun 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 56 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Brendan O'Hara’s speeches
- Has received answers to 44 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.45% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 129 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Brendan O'Hara’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 112 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 16 Jul 2018.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: BT
Address of donor: 81 Newgate Street, London EC1A 7AJ
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets with hospitality at the Six Nations Rugby match, with a total value of £1,200
Date received: 24 February 2018
Date accepted: 24 February 2018
Donor status: company, registration 4190816
(Registered 19 March 2018
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: APPG
for the Polar Regions
, with sponsorship from the Prince Albert II
of Monaco Foundation and the Mamont Foundation
Address of donor: House of Commons
, London SW1A 0AA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights £460.20; travel around Svalbard £454.21; accommodation and food £449.63; £1,364.04 in total
Destination of visit: Svalbard, Norway
Dates of visit: 28 August to 1 September 2017
Purpose of visit: to visit British scientists at the NERC
Arctic Research Station at Ny-Alesund
and to learn more about Britain's contribution to polar science (Registered 27 September 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Director and shareholder of Oh! Television; a television production company. The company has not traded. (Registered 11 January 2016
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Catherine O'Hara, as part time Constituency
Assistant. (Registered 19 January 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from