To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, what the cost to the public purse was of developing proposals for a new carbon capture and storage project at Peterhead.
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, what the cost to the public purse was of developing proposals for a new carbon capture and storage project in Yorkshire.
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, what the total cost to the public purse had been of developing carbon capture and storage technology.
More of Harry Harpham’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Sheffield, Brightside and Hillsborough
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 4 February 2016 — Died
Topics of interest
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Education
- House of Commons Commission
- Wind Power: Seas and Oceans
- Carbon Sequestration
- National Grid
- Parliament: Catering
- Nuclear Power Stations: Bradwell-on-Sea
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 4 Feb 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Harry Harpham’s speeches
- Has received answers to 55 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 48.13% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 40 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 6 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 25 Jan 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
29 May 2015
, received £15,589 redundancy, basic and holiday pay for my work for David Blunkett MP
prior to my election. Hours: no hours since the Election. (Registered 08 June 2015
29 May 2015, received £447.84 as a Councillor, Sheffield City Council, City Hall, Sheffield S1 2HH. Hours: no hours since the Election. (Registered 08 June 2015)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Unite the Union
Address of donor: 55 Call Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 7BW
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: leaflets, direct mail, phone bank, valued at £7,822.60
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 08 June 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Gill Furniss
, as part-time Researcher. (Registered 08 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from