Rebecca Long-Bailey’s voting in Parliament
Rebecca Long-Bailey is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Rebecca Long-Bailey sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Rebecca Long-Bailey generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Rebecca Long-Bailey generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Rebecca Long-Bailey’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Rebecca Long-Bailey’s full vote analysis page for more.
Rebecca Long-Bailey has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, if he will make an assessment of the effectiveness of his Department's procurement policy in supporting UK aerospace companies and the UK aerospace sector.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, whether he has made an assessment of the adequacy of support available to service personnel from Greater Manchester who have left the armed forces.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, how many and what proportion of the civil servants and advisors working on the industrial strategy are women.
More of Rebecca Long-Bailey’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Salford and Eccles
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Rebecca Long-Bailey campaigned to remain in the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Welfare Tax Credits
- Wholesale Trade: Alcoholic Drinks
- Blood: Contamination
- Business: Pay
- Nuclear Decommissioning Authority: Contracts
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (since 9 Feb 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (27 Jun 2016 to 9 Feb 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (18 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Rebecca Long-Bailey’s speeches
- Has received answers to 166 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.44% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 90 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rebecca Long-Bailey’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 64 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Unite the Union
Address of donor: 128 Theobald's Road, London Wc1X 8TN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £8,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 07 July 2017
Name of donor: RMT
Address of donor: 39 Chalton Street, London NW1 1JD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,600
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 07 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from