Rebecca Long-Bailey’s voting in Parliament
Rebecca Long-Bailey is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Rebecca Long-Bailey sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Rebecca Long-Bailey generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Rebecca Long-Bailey generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Rebecca Long-Bailey’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Rebecca Long-Bailey’s full vote analysis page for more.
Rebecca Long-Bailey has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
(Urgent Question): To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy if he will make a statement on the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority’s early contract terminations at the Magnox estate?
The NDA has withdrawn its appeal against the judgment that was handed down in late July last year, so will the Secretary of State explain why this decision has been taken now, why the matter was brought to appeal in the first instance, and whether both actions were sanctioned by him or his predecessor? The judgment confirmed that the NDA had not acted properly in the tender process, and that...
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what the Government's policy is on exempting (a) state, (b) free and (c) private schools from the planned increase in business rates due in April 2017.
More of Rebecca Long-Bailey’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Salford and Eccles
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Rebecca Long-Bailey campaigned to remain in the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Department of Health
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Welfare Tax Credits
- Wholesale Trade: Alcoholic Drinks
- Blood: Contamination
- Inheritance Tax: Tax Allowances
- Social Services: Finance
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (since 9 Feb 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (27 Jun 2016 to 9 Feb 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (18 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Rebecca Long-Bailey’s speeches
- Has received answers to 219 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.98% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 81 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rebecca Long-Bailey’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 62 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from