Rebecca Long-Bailey’s voting in Parliament
Rebecca Long-Bailey is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Rebecca Long-Bailey sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Rebecca Long-Bailey voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Rebecca Long-Bailey’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Rebecca Long-Bailey’s full vote analysis page for more.
Rebecca Long-Bailey has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what the timeframe is for the publication of the independent review of the Financial Reporting Council.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, with reference to page 89 of the Industrial Strategy, whether his Department has launched the new international research and innovation strategy.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, with reference to page 82 of the Industrial Strategy, when he plans to agree long-term funding for the Catapult Network.
More of Rebecca Long-Bailey’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Salford and Eccles
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Rebecca Long-Bailey campaigned to remain in the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department of Health
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Welfare Tax Credits
- Wholesale Trade: Alcoholic Drinks
- Business: Pay
- Blood: Contamination
- Nuclear Decommissioning Authority: Contracts
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (since 9 Feb 2017)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (since 27 Sep 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (27 Jun 2016 to 9 Feb 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (18 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Rebecca Long-Bailey’s speeches
- Has received answers to 88 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.31% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 90 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rebecca Long-Bailey’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 110 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from