Kate Osamor’s voting in Parliament
Kate Osamor is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, Kate Osamor sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kate Osamor generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Kate Osamor generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kate Osamor’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kate Osamor’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 19 Apr 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what steps his Department has taken to assess the effectiveness of extraterritorial jurisdiction in allowing the UK police force to investigate crimes committed against UK citizens abroad.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what assessment his Department has made of the effect on claimants of jobseeker's allowance who have their entitlement stopped and subsequently lose their entitlement to housing benefit.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what the average time taken to process checks by the Employer Checking Service is.
More of Kate Osamor’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Edmonton
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Kate Osamor campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Office
- Department for International Development
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Immigrants: Detainees
- Immigration: Detainees
- Turkey: Arrests
- Temporary Accommodation
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development (since 27 Jun 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Junior Shadow Minister for Women and Equalities (14 Jan 2016 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Petitions Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 14 Mar 2016)
- Member, Education Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 1 Feb 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Kate Osamor’s speeches
- Has received answers to 49 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 44 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kate Osamor’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 39 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
Name of donor: The Global Fund
to Fight AIDS
, Tuberculosis and Malaria
Address of donor: Chemin de Blandonnet 8, 1214 Vernier - Geneva, Switzerland
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation, visa, local transportation, interpreters and meals, with a total value of £3,549
Destination of visit: Vietnam
Date of visit: 3-7 July 2016
Purpose of visit: as part of the Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases APPG
, to witness the country’s contribution to the mission of the Global Fund to save lives, prevent infections and strengthen health systems.
(Registered 21 July 2016)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my son, Ish Osamor, as Senior Communications Officer. (Registered 18 April 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from