Kate Osamor’s voting in Parliament
Kate Osamor is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, Kate Osamor sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kate Osamor voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kate Osamor’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kate Osamor’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kate Osamor has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 5 Sep 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, whether evidence provided to substantiate immigration applications in the UK is (a) digitally stored and (b) automatically allocated to the correct application and caseworker.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, with reference to the press release, New UK aid package will stop dirty money in its tracks and recover millions of pounds for developing countries, published by the Government on 30 August 2018, whether the programme will include tackling tax havens.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what assessment she has made of the adequacy of access to Saada by humanitarian relief organisations after the military operations in that area in August 2018.
More of Kate Osamor’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Edmonton
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Kate Osamor campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Office
- Department for International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department of Health
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Immigrants: Detainees
- Immigration: Detainees
- Turkey: Arrests
- Temporary Accommodation
- Yemen: Military Intervention
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development (since 27 Jun 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Junior Shadow Minister for Women and Equalities (14 Jan 2016 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Petitions Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 14 Mar 2016)
- Member, Education Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 1 Feb 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Kate Osamor’s speeches
- Has received answers to 85 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.38% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 43 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kate Osamor’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 49 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from