Mike Wood’s voting in Parliament
Mike Wood is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mike Wood sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mike Wood voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Mike Wood voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mike Wood’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mike Wood’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mike Wood has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The main constitutional functions of this House are to choose and sustain the Government and to legislate. Since this Parliament seems incapable of doing either, is not the correct constitutional way forward a general election so that voters can decide between a Conservative Government to deliver on the Brexit referendum or one of the Opposition parties to overturn it?
What assessment has my right hon. Friend made of ferry and port capacity in the UK, and in EU ports, for transporting goods to and from the UK after we leave the European Union?
Will my right hon. Friend work with other travel companies, as well as ministerial colleagues, to ensure that the skills of Thomas Cook employees up and down the country can be retained within the sector?
More of Mike Wood’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Dudley South
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Mike Wood campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Office
- Department for Exiting the European Union
- Department of Health
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Nitrous Oxide: Misuse
- Nitrous Oxide
- Refugees: Children
- Public Libraries
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (7 Nov 2016 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 87 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Mike Wood’s speeches
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.15% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 38 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mike Wood’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 124 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)