Mike Wood’s voting in Parliament
Mike Wood is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mike Wood sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mike Wood voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Mike Wood voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mike Wood’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mike Wood’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mike Wood has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Which part of the financial settlement under the proposed withdrawal agreement would be payable during the implementation period and during any backstop?
Will my hon. Friend join me in welcoming the £1.7 billion announced in the Budget to increase work allowances for families with children, which will mean that 2.4 million families will be better off?
What action are the Government taking to seek a range of views on potential measures to secure our voting system from overseas interference?
More of Mike Wood’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Dudley South
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Mike Wood campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Office
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Exiting the European Union
- Department of Health
- Nitrous Oxide
- Nitrous Oxide: Misuse
- Refugees: Children
- Living Wage
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (7 Nov 2016 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 73 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Mike Wood’s speeches
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.39% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 38 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mike Wood’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 104 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 29 Oct 2018.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Football Association
Address of donor: Wembley Stadium, Wembley, London HA9 0WS
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Three tickets and hospitality for the FA Community Shield
, with a value of £456
Date received: 5 August 2018
Date accepted: 5 August 2018
Donor status: company, registration 00077797
(Registered 31 August 2018; updated 03 September 2018
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: BASF
Address of donor: BASF SE
, Europahaus, Benckiserplatz 1, 67059 Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights £452.12, hotel £124.39, meals and other hospitality £189.58, total £766.09
Destination of visit: Ludwigshafen, Germany
Dates of visit: 19-20 July 2018
Purpose of visit: Educational visit to BASF production site organised by the Industry and Parliament Trust
(Registered 17 August 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from