Mike Wood’s voting in Parliament
Mike Wood is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mike Wood sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mike Wood consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Mike Wood consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mike Wood’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mike Wood’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mike Wood has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
The black country flag has come under attack from Labour Members in recent days. Will the Prime Minister join me in again congratulating Gracie Sheppard, who designed the flag, reflecting our industrial heritage, when she was just 12 years old? Does the Prime Minister agree that the latest figures showing the west midlands as the fastest growing part of this country show once again that the...
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what steps he is taking to strengthen the Armed Forces Covenant.
More of Mike Wood’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Dudley South
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Mike Wood campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Office
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Ministry of Defence
- Department of Health
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Nitrous Oxide
- Nitrous Oxide: Misuse
- Refugees: Children
- Living Wage
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (7 Nov 2016 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Mike Wood’s speeches
- Has received answers to 13 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 39 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mike Wood’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 56 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from