William Wragg’s voting in Parliament
William Wragg is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, William Wragg sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
William Wragg consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of William Wragg’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit William Wragg’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 19 Apr 2017
Does my right hon. Friend agree that the typically warm and constructive response from Mr Juncker to these welcome proposals reinforces the need for her to work ever closer with the European Heads of Government to compensate for the vested interests of the EU institutions?
What recent assessment he has made of the effectiveness of (a) the community right to bid scheme and (b) other Government initiatives to protect and support local pubs.
The Northumberland Arms in Marple Bridge is a much-loved local pub, and members of the local community hope to reopen it using the community right-to-bid scheme. Will my hon. Friend the Minister lend every possible support to their effort and consider joining us for a celebratory pint when it reopens? Indeed, we could make it a double celebration, should the good people of Marple Bridge see...
More of William Wragg’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Hazel Grove
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
William Wragg campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Cabinet Office
- HM Treasury
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- HIV Infection: Drugs
- UK Membership of EU: Referendums
- Schools: Immigrants
- Human Papillomavirus: Vaccination
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (6 Feb 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (13 Jun 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee (8 Jun 2016 to 14 Sep 2016)
- Member, Education Committee (22 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all William Wragg’s speeches
- Has received answers to 36 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 73 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on William Wragg’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 37 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from ComRes, 4 Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for completing opinion surveys:
24 March 2016, received £75. Hours: approx. 30 mins. (Registered 29 November 2016)
16 May 2016
, received £100. Hours: approx. 45 mins. (Registered 29 November 2016)
18 July 2016
, received £75. Hours: approx. 30 mins. (Registered 29 November 2016)
4 November 2016, received £75. Hours: approx. 30 mins. (Registered 29 November 2016)
27 February 2017
, received £200 from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for completing a survey. Hours: 1 hr. Fee donated directly to my local party organisation. (Registered 07 March 2017
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Ivor Braka
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500 for the purpose of campaigning in the EU Referendum
Date received: 13 June 2016
Date accepted: 15 June 2016
Donor status: individual
(Registered 20 July 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from