William Wragg campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
William Wragg’s voting in Parliament
William Wragg is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, William Wragg sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
William Wragg consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of William Wragg’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit William Wragg’s full vote analysis page for more.
William Wragg has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The hon. Gentleman and his party are optimistic people and rays of sunshine in this House. Can he see any possible benefit to the Scottish rural economy from leaving the EU? I am thinking particularly of fisheries, the European policy for which decimated the Scottish fishing industry.
My right hon. Friend is the man with the plan. [Interruption.] Opposition Members may mock if they wish, but will my right hon. Friend ensure that those wanting a running commentary will not get their way in wrecking the negotiation?
What fiscal steps he is taking to improve the resilience of the economy in preparation for the UK leaving the EU.
More of William Wragg’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Hazel Grove
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Cabinet Office
- HM Treasury
- Home Office
- HIV Infection: Drugs
- UK Membership of EU: Referendums
- Schools: Immigrants
- Human Papillomavirus: Vaccination
Currently held offices
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (since 13 Jun 2016)
- Member, Education Committee (since 22 Feb 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee (8 Jun 2016 to 14 Sep 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all William Wragg’s speeches
- Has received answers to 118 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.61% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 72 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on William Wragg’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 36 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Jan 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from ComRes, 4 Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for completing opinion surveys:
24 March 2016, received £75. Hours: approx. 30 mins. (Registered 29 November 2016)
16 May 2016
, received £100. Hours: approx. 45 mins. (Registered 29 November 2016)
18 July 2016
, received £75. Hours: approx. 30 mins. (Registered 29 November 2016)
4 November 2016, received £75. Hours: approx. 30 mins. (Registered 29 November 2016)
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Ivor Braka
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500 for the purpose of campaigning in the EU Referendum
Date received: 13 June 2016
Date accepted: 15 June 2016
Donor status: individual
(Registered 20 July 2016)
Name of donor: Medical Aid for Palestinians
(which receives support from the Sir Joseph Hotung Charitable Settlement)
Address of donor: 33a Islington Park Street, London N1 1QB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation, food and transport with a total value of £1,300
Destination: West Bank
Date of visit: 4-8 April 2016
Purpose of visit: fact finding visit organised by the Council for Arab-British Understanding and Medical Aid for Palestinians.
(Registered 20 April 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from