Chris Green’s voting in Parliament
Chris Green is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Chris Green sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Chris Green consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Chris Green consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Green’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Green’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Green has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
With people interested in franchising in Greater Manchester, there is an expectation that there will be a number of different providers of bus services. If any one provider failed, other providers could step in, whether they were already in Manchester or were other ones coming in. There would not be the need for Greater Manchester as an authority to be running the bus services.
What steps he is taking to improve the UK’s energy infrastructure.
Base load energy supply is fundamental to delivering our energy needs. Solar and wind power do not provide base load, and there is a pressure not to increase the consumption of hydrocarbons, so does my hon. Friend agree that, in the absence of energy storage capacity, future investment must go to the nuclear industry, especially small modular reactors?
More of Chris Green’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bolton West
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Chris Green campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Transport
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Education
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Antibiotics: Drug Resistance
- Cancer: Bolton West
- Voluntary Work: Bolton West
- Housing: Derelict Land
Currently held offices
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (since 13 Jul 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Chris Green’s speeches
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.87% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 72 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Green’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 38 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Mar 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
18 August 2016
, received £200 from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for completing a questionnaire. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 13 September 2016
Name of donor: Armed Forces Parliamentary Trust
Address of donor: House of Commons
, London SW1A 0AA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and supper with a value of £710.64
Destination of visit: British Army Training Unit Suffield, Canada
Date of visit: 25-28 August 2016
Purpose of visit: As part of the Armed Forces Parliamentary Scheme
(Registered 21 September 2016)
Name of donor: Aid to the Church in Need
Address of donor: 12-14 Benhill Avenue, Sutton SM1 4DA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and accommodation with a value of £934.61
Destination of visit: Erbil, Iraq
Date of visit: 8-11 September 2016
Purpose of visit: Visit to the Kurdish part of Iraq to see the plight of Christians and other refugees.
(Registered 21 September 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from