A selection of Chris Green's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Consistently voted against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
4 votes for, 16 votes against, 3 absences, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2016–2017
Generally voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Green’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Green’s full vote analysis page for more.
What steps he is taking to support regional infrastructure development.
I welcome the investment in the electrification of the rail line between Manchester and Preston, but what more can the Chancellor do to ensure that we have vital road links, such as the Westhoughton bypass?
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what steps her Department is taking to promote economic development in developing countries.
More of Chris Green’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Bolton West
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Chris Green campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Transport
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Education
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Antibiotics: Drug Resistance
- Cancer: Bolton West
- Voluntary Work: Bolton West
- Housing: Derelict Land
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (13 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Chris Green’s speeches
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.86% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 75 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 38 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
18 August 2016
, received £200 from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for completing a questionnaire. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 13 September 2016
Name of donor: Armed Forces Parliamentary Trust
Address of donor: House of Commons
, London SW1A 0AA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and supper with a value of £710.64
Destination of visit: British Army Training Unit Suffield, Canada
Date of visit: 25-28 August 2016
Purpose of visit: As part of the Armed Forces Parliamentary Scheme
(Registered 21 September 2016)
Name of donor: Aid to the Church in Need
Address of donor: 12-14 Benhill Avenue, Sutton SM1 4DA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and accommodation with a value of £934.61
Destination of visit: Erbil, Iraq
Date of visit: 8-11 September 2016
Purpose of visit: Visit to the Kurdish part of Iraq to see the plight of Christians and other refugees.
(Registered 21 September 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from