Chris Green’s voting in Parliament
Chris Green is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Chris Green sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Chris Green consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Chris Green consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Green’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Green’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Green has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 21 Nov 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, in what ways the Government and HM Land Registry (a) monitor and (b) prevent land banking in local communities.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what steps the Government is taking to prevent land banking in local communities.
I congratulate the right hon. Member for Birkenhead (Frank Field) on securing this important debate. It was a pleasure to listen to my hon. Friend the Member for Banff and Buchan (David Duguid), who made a superb maiden speech. The debate about which is the most beautiful Scottish constituency carries on to this very day. Waiting seven weeks for a first payment, in any circumstance, is...
More of Chris Green’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bolton West
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Chris Green campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Department for Transport
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Education
- Housing: North West
- Cancer: Bolton West
- New Businesses: Bolton
- Local Government: Elections
- Housing: Construction
Currently held offices
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (since 16 Oct 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (13 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Chris Green’s speeches
- Has received answers to 33 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 81 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Green’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 47 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from