Sue Hayman’s voting in Parliament
Sue Hayman is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Sue Hayman’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Sue Hayman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Sue Hayman’s full vote analysis page for more.
Sue Hayman has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
There are also concerns about staffing levels at Northern. It is short of train crew to cover the new Cumbrian Coast timetable, and the Northern control centres are so overstretched that the routes in Cumbria seem to have fallen right to the bottom of its list of priorities. Over the past month, there have been daily cancellations of trains through Workington, including the last train of the...
I thank the Minister for that explanation. Schedule 1 states that a stop notice may be served on “a person”. It does not mention service providers or organisations; it specifically refers to “a person”, and the explanatory notes do not mention organisations, the internet—or online at all. I am not convinced that it covers what we are trying to achieve with the...
Again, I thank the Minister for that explanation. It would help if it were properly laid out in the Bill that internet service providers are included, so that we have absolute clarity when the Bill becomes law and that people realise that that is not the best way of going about trying to sideline what the Bill seeks to achieve.
More of Sue Hayman’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Workington
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Sue Hayman campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Department of Health
- Home Office
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Police: Pensions
- Agriculture: Subsidies
- Seasonal Agricultural Workers' Scheme
- Prescription Drugs
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (since 9 Feb 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Flooding and Coastal Communities) (10 Oct 2016 to 9 Feb 2017)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (18 Sep 2015 to 10 Oct 2016)
- Member, Justice Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Sue Hayman’s speeches
- Has received answers to 45 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.87% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 63 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sue Hayman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 65 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Jun 2018.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: GMB
Address of donor: 1 Mosley Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 1YE
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 06 July 2017)
Associate of the Consultation Institute, 21A High Street, Sandy, Beds, SG19 1AG (unpaid). (Registered 04 June 2015
10. Family members engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client
Until September 2017, my husband, Ross Hayman, was employed by Copper Consultancy as Regional Director North. (Registered 04 June 2015; updated 05 October 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from