Sue Hayman’s voting in Parliament
Sue Hayman is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Sue Hayman’s votes.
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2016
Generally voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2016–2018
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
24 votes for, 8 votes against, 13 absences, between 2016–2018
We have lots more plain English analysis of Sue Hayman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Sue Hayman’s full vote analysis page for more.
Sue Hayman has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what discussions officials in his Department with responsibility for the UK leaving the EU have had with (a) port authorities, (b) major retailers, and (c) haulage firms on the volume and nature plant and animal materials imported to the UK from EU countries; and on what dates those discussions took place.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, how many official discussions have taken place between policy teams for the UK leaving in the EU in relevant agencies of his Department and (a) port authorities, (b) major retailers, and (c) haulage firms on the different arrangements that will need to be put in place for the inspection of plant and animal materials...
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Walker. I thank my hon. Friend the Member for Warrington North (Helen Jones) for introducing the debate. There has not been a huge number of speakers, but those who have spoken feel strongly about this issue. It has been an excellent debate, with some really good information shared. The hon. Member for Tiverton and Honiton (Neil Parish),...
More of Sue Hayman’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Workington
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Sue Hayman campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Department of Health
- Home Office
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Police: Pensions
- Agriculture: Subsidies
- Seasonal Agricultural Workers' Scheme
- Prescription Drugs
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (since 9 Feb 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Flooding and Coastal Communities) (10 Oct 2016 to 9 Feb 2017)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (18 Sep 2015 to 10 Oct 2016)
- Member, Justice Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Sue Hayman’s speeches
- Has received answers to 43 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.88% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 62 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sue Hayman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 77 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jul 2018.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: GMB
Address of donor: 1 Mosley Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 1YE
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 06 July 2017)
Associate of the Consultation Institute, 21A High Street, Sandy, Beds, SG19 1AG (unpaid). (Registered 04 June 2015
10. Family members engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client
Until September 2017, my husband, Ross Hayman, was employed by Copper Consultancy as Regional Director North. (Registered 04 June 2015; updated 05 October 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from