Sue Hayman’s voting in Parliament
Sue Hayman is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Sue Hayman sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Sue Hayman generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Sue Hayman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Sue Hayman’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 19 Apr 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what response her Department has made to the recommendations of the report entitled, Facing the future: tackling post-Brexit labour and skills shortages published in June 2017 by the CIPD and the National Institute for Economic and Social Research.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what support his Department is providing for the food manufacturing sector to mitigate the effect of EU workforce shortages.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what support his Department is providing to the farming sector to mitigate the effect of EU workforce shortages.
More of Sue Hayman’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Workington
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Sue Hayman campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- HM Treasury
- Police: Pensions
- Agriculture: Subsidies
- Nuclear Installations: Decommissioning
- Bradwell Power Station
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (since 9 Feb 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Flooding and Coastal Communities) (10 Oct 2016 to 9 Feb 2017)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (18 Sep 2015 to 10 Oct 2016)
- Member, Justice Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 44 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Sue Hayman’s speeches
- Has received answers to 71 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 58 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sue Hayman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 54 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
Associate of the Consultation Institute, 21A High Street, Sandy, Beds, SG19 1AG (unpaid). (Registered 04 June 2015
10. Family members engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client
My husband, Ross Hayman, is employed by Copper Consultancy as Regional Director North. (Registered 04 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from