Louise Haigh’s voting in Parliament
Louise Haigh is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Louise Haigh sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Louise Haigh generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Louise Haigh generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Louise Haigh’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Louise Haigh’s full vote analysis page for more.
Louise Haigh has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many sub-contractors supply accommodation under the provision of the Compass system in each region.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, how many international students attended (a) Sheffield Hallam and (b) Sheffield University in each year from 2010 to date.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what discussions he has had with the Information Commissioner on the breach of the IT system SystmOne.
More of Louise Haigh’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Sheffield, Heeley
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Louise Haigh campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Cabinet Office
- HM Treasury
- Department for Education
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Revenue and Customs: Concentrix
- Electronic Government
- Digital Technology: Training
- Teachers: Recruitment
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (Digital Economy) (since 9 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (18 Sep 2015 to 9 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 71 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Louise Haigh’s speeches
- Has received answers to 397 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 66.23% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 63 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Louise Haigh’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 72 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
Name of donor: Justice for Colombia
Address of donor: 4th Floor, 75-77 St John
street, London EC1M 4NN
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, accommodation, food and travel with a value of £2,900
Destination of visit: Colombia
Dates of visit: 26 November - 3 December 2016
Purpose of visit: Delegation of Parliamentarians and Trade Unionists, to meet with all parties to the peace process.
(Registered 06 January 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from