A selection of Louise Haigh's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, in 2016
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
9 votes for, 6 votes against, 8 absences, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 22 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs
We have lots more plain English analysis of Louise Haigh’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Louise Haigh’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what the total payroll cost of his Department's Extended Ministerial Office was; and how many civil servants worked in that office during its existence.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what the total payroll cost of her Department's Extended Ministerial Office was; and how many civil servants worked in that office during its existence.
That was exactly why we pushed for an amendment in the Lords and it is why we are so pleased that the Government have accepted it. We need consultation, as well as a clear definition of extreme pornography and prohibited material. My understanding of the legislation is that nothing extreme, prohibited or otherwise will be able to be viewed behind age verification filters. If something is...
More of Louise Haigh’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Sheffield, Heeley
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Louise Haigh campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Cabinet Office
- HM Treasury
- Department for Education
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Revenue and Customs: Concentrix
- Digital Technology: Training
- Electronic Government
- Welfare Tax Credits
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (Digital Economy) (9 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (18 Sep 2015 to 9 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 67 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Louise Haigh’s speeches
- Has received answers to 378 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 66.60% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 63 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 75 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Channel Four Television Company Ltd
Address of donor: 124 Horseferry Road, London SW1P 2TX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: In my role as Shadow Minister for Culture, Media and Sport, two tickets and hospitality at the British Film and Television Awards ceremony, value £1,840
Date received: 11 February 2017
Date accepted: 11 February 2017
Donor status: company, registration 01533774
(Registered 02 May 2017)
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: Justice for Colombia
Address of donor: 4th Floor, 75-77 St John
street, London EC1M 4NN
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, accommodation, food and travel with a value of £2,900
Destination of visit: Colombia
Dates of visit: 26 November - 3 December 2016
Purpose of visit: Delegation of Parliamentarians and Trade Unionists, to meet with all parties to the peace process.
(Registered 06 January 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from