Record employment, the national living wage, strong national defences and keeping our promises on Europe—these are just some of the achievements that we can be proud that this Government have delivered. Does my right hon. Friend agree that only a vote for strong and stable Conservative leadership in the national interest on 8 June will continue to deliver on the economy, defence and a deal...
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, if he will assess the potential merits of creating a levy or tax-free training scheme for general aviation on the condition that pilots qualifying through such a scheme must volunteer for charitable purposes such as air ambulances and civil air patrols.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what plans she has to use general aviation airfields and volunteer pilots to enhance emergency supply chains during natural disasters such as floods.
More of Byron Davies’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Gower
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Byron Davies campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- HM Treasury
- Home Office
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Alcoholic Drinks: Consumption
- Excise Duties: Fuels
- Tax Avoidance: Property
- Human Trafficking: Mediterranean Sea
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Byron Davies’s speeches
- Has received answers to 16 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 83.30% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 48 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 33 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
Name of donor: HM Government of Gibraltar
Address of donor: c/o Gibraltar House, 150 Strand, London WC2R 1JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): air fare and accommodation with a total value of £1,260
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Dates of visit: 8-11 September 2016
Purpose of visit: as part of the Gibraltar APPG
, to attend Gibraltar National Day
(Registered 30 September 2016; updated 06 October 2016)
Name of donor: Hong Kong Government
Address of donor: c/o Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, 18 Bedford Square, London WC1B 3JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, accommodation, transport, hospitality and expenses with a total value of £9,946
Destination of visit: Hong Kong
Dates of visit: 9-13 January 2017
Purpose of visit: APPG on China delegation to maintain bilateral ties; support British businesses operating in Hong Kong; and deepen the knowledge of parliamentarians of Hong Kong’s political, social and economic development.
(Registered 09 February 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in Cardiff: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015)
House in Ceredigion: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from