Byron Davies’s voting in Parliament
Byron Davies is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Byron Davies sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Byron Davies consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Byron Davies consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Byron Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Byron Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Byron Davies has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
Farriers (Registration) Bill - Report stage – Byron Davies.
Farriers (Registration) Bill - 3rd reading – Byron Davies.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, how much revenue the Exchequer has received in each year from 2009-10 from the taxation of Avgas.
More of Byron Davies’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Gower
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Byron Davies campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Ministry of Defence
- HM Treasury
- Home Office
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Alcoholic Drinks: Consumption
- Excise Duties: Fuels
- Tax Avoidance: Property
- Human Trafficking: Mediterranean Sea
Currently held offices
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (since 31 Oct 2016)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (since 13 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Byron Davies’s speeches
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 83.30% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 87 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Byron Davies’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 33 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Mar 2017.
Name of donor: HM Government
Address of donor: c/o Gibraltar House, 150 Strand, London WC2R 1JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): air fare and accommodation with a total value of £1,260
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Dates of visit: 8-11 September 2016
Purpose of visit: as part of the Gibraltar APPG
, to attend Gibraltar National Day
(Registered 30 September 2016; updated 06 October 2016
Name of donor: Hong Kong Government
Address of donor: c/o Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, 18 Bedford Square, London WC1B 3JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, accommodation, transport, hospitality and expenses with a total value of £9,946
Destination of visit: Hong Kong
Dates of visit: 9-13 January 2017
Purpose of visit: APPG on China delegation to maintain bilateral ties; support British businesses operating in Hong Kong; and deepen the knowledge of parliamentarians of Hong Kong’s political, social and economic development.
(Registered 09 February 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in Cardiff: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015
House in Ceredigion: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from