Byron Davies campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Byron Davies’s voting in Parliament
Byron Davies is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Byron Davies sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Byron Davies consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Byron Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Byron Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Byron Davies has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what steps HM Revenue and Customs is taking to tackle tax avoidance in the property market.
The Royal Air Force has a long and illustrious history in Wales and the connection has been fostered and maintained by volunteer gliding schools. The MOD’s decision to denude Wales of such schools and make air cadets travel many hours to England has had nothing less than a devastating effect on young people and adult volunteers. What steps are being taken to return such schools to Wales?
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what his policy is on the future of volunteer gliding schools in Wales.
More of Byron Davies’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Gower
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department of Health
- Home Office
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for International Development
- Alcoholic Drinks: Consumption
- Tax Avoidance: Property
- Human Trafficking: Mediterranean Sea
- National Crime Agency: Finance
Currently held offices
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (since 13 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Byron Davies’s speeches
- Has received answers to 11 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.31% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 85 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Byron Davies’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 28 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Sep 2016.
Name of donor: Conservative Friends of Israel
Address of donor: 41 Whitehall
, London SW1A 2BY
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and accommodation; £2,000
Destination of visit: Israel and the West Bank
Date of visit: 30 August - 4 September 2015
Purpose of visit: fact finding political delegation
(Registered 17 September 2015)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in Cardiff: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015
House in Ceredigion: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from