Nusrat Ghani’s voting in Parliament
Nusrat Ghani is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Nusrat Ghani sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Nusrat Ghani voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Nusrat Ghani voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Nusrat Ghani voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nusrat Ghani’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nusrat Ghani’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nusrat Ghani has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
I refer the Honourable Member to the answer I gave to PQ 205175.
The last regular scheduled freight ferry service from Ramsgate sailed in 2013, the destination being Ostend.
Specific sailing timetables are a matter for operators.
More of Nusrat Ghani’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Wealden
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Nusrat Ghani campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Transport
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Home Office
- Southern: Standards
- Hate Crime: Internet
- Internet: Hate Crime
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (since 9 Jan 2018)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (since 9 Jan 2018)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (since 12 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Oct 2017 to 20 Feb 2018)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 20 Feb 2018)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Nusrat Ghani’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.44% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 90 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nusrat Ghani’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 136 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)