Amanda Milling’s voting in Parliament
Amanda Milling is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Amanda Milling sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Amanda Milling voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Amanda Milling voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Amanda Milling’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Amanda Milling’s full vote analysis page for more.
Amanda Milling has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
indicated assent. The House forthwith resolved itself into the Legislative Grand Committee (England and Wales) ( Standing Order No. 83M).
I pay tribute to all the staff who work at Cannock Chase Hospital. A key advantage of this hospital is that it does not deal with medical emergencies, so no elective operations have been cancelled. Does my hon. Friend agree that this clearly demonstrates the real value of Cannock Chase Hospital to local patients?
Tackling waste fires represents a significant financial burden for fire and rescue services; the fire at Slitting mill has cost Staffordshire fire and rescue service in the region of £70,000 to date. Will my right hon. Friend meet me to discuss the measures that can be taken to reduce the risk of waste fires?
More of Amanda Milling’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Cannock Chase
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Amanda Milling campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Digital
- Media and Sport
- Women and Equalities
- Department of Health
- Tourism: Finance
- Lotteries: Regulation
- Gas Fired Power Stations
- Museums and Galleries
Currently held offices
- Member, Selection Committee (since 4 Sep 2019)
- Deputy Chief Whip (since 25 Jul 2019)
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (9 Jan 2018 to 25 Jul 2019)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (6 Nov 2017 to 5 Mar 2018)
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (17 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Feb 2016 to 12 Sep 2016)
- Member, Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee (1 Dec 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Amanda Milling’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.07% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 70 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Amanda Milling’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 43 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Sep 2019.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: ITV
Address of donor: 2 Waterhouse Square, 140 Holborn, London EC1N 2AE
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: One ticket to the National Television Awards
, including hospitality, total value £1,303
Date received: 22 January 2019
Date accepted: 22 January 2019
Donor status: company, registration 4967001
(Registered 07 February 2019)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)