A selection of Margaret Greenwood's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 20 votes against, 3 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2016–2019
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, in 2016
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Margaret Greenwood’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Margaret Greenwood’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many people are participating in (a) the Work Programme and (b) Work Choice; and on what date the final participants will complete those programmes.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, how much funding from the European Social Fund (a) the UK and (b) each region of the UK received in the latest year for which figures are available.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, how much funding from the European Social Fund has been allocated to employment support for (a) disabled people, (b) young people between the ages of 16 and 25 and (c) people who are long-term unemployed in the latest year for which figures are available.
More of Margaret Greenwood’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Wirral West
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 6 November 2019 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Margaret Greenwood campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Universal Credit
- Department for Work and Pensions: Arms Length Bodies
- Mortgages: Government Assistance
- Support for Mortgage Interest
- Department for Work and Pensions: Telephone Services
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (11 Mar 2018 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (9 Oct 2016 to 11 Mar 2018)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 19 Dec 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Margaret Greenwood’s speeches
- Has received answers to 64 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 81.64% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 78 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 143 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from