Margaret Greenwood’s voting in Parliament
Margaret Greenwood is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Margaret Greenwood sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Margaret Greenwood voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Margaret Greenwood’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Margaret Greenwood’s full vote analysis page for more.
Margaret Greenwood has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 5 Sep 2018
Last week the Supreme Court ruled that the denial of widowed parent’s allowance to surviving unmarried partners with children is incompatible with the law, in upholding the appeal of Siobhan McLaughlin, who lived with her partner, John Adams, and their four children for 23 years until John died in January 2014. I thank the Minister for advance sight of his statement, and I pay tribute...
Will the Secretary of State apologise for the two points she has failed yet to apologise for to the head of the National Audit Office?
The point that the Secretary of State makes had nothing to do with my campaign in Wirral West in 2015.
More of Margaret Greenwood’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Wirral West
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Margaret Greenwood campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department of Health
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Universal Credit
- Mortgages: Government Assistance
- Support for Mortgage Interest
- Universal Credit: Housing
- Department for Work and Pensions: Telephone Services
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (since 11 Mar 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (9 Oct 2016 to 11 Mar 2018)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 19 Dec 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Margaret Greenwood’s speeches
- Has received answers to 50 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 74 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Margaret Greenwood’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 109 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from