Margaret Greenwood campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Margaret Greenwood’s voting in Parliament
Margaret Greenwood is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Margaret Greenwood sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Margaret Greenwood generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
Margaret Greenwood generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Margaret Greenwood’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Margaret Greenwood’s full vote analysis page for more.
Margaret Greenwood has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
National Health Service Bill - 2nd reading – Margaret Greenwood.
To understand the significance of the Government’s creation of the sustainability and transformation plans, we need to be aware of what has gone before and consider the extent of the financial crisis. In 2012, the coalition Government passed the Health and Social Care Act, paving the way for the privatisation of the national health service and removing the duty of the Secretary of State...
My right hon. Friend has hit the nail on the head. Monday’s Liverpool Echo leaked some of the detail of Merseyside and Cheshire’s STP, reporting an anticipated £1 billion deficit by 2021. The STP talks about a “need to reduce demand, reduce unwarranted variation and reduce cost.” Those are all very nice ambitions, but the idea of trying to reduce demand just to...
More of Margaret Greenwood’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Wirral West
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Transport
- HM Treasury
- Personal Independence Payment: Mental Illness
- Shellfish: Dee Estuary
- Mersey Tunnel: Tolls
- Climate Change Levy
- Fisheries: Dee Estuary
Currently held offices
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 20 Jul 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 54 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Margaret Greenwood’s speeches
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.43% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 65 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Margaret Greenwood’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 40 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from