Margaret Greenwood campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Margaret Greenwood’s voting in Parliament
Margaret Greenwood is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Margaret Greenwood sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Margaret Greenwood generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Margaret Greenwood generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Margaret Greenwood’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Margaret Greenwood’s full vote analysis page for more.
Margaret Greenwood has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
National Health Service Bill - 2nd reading – Margaret Greenwood.
When he plans to publish the Government’s cycling and walking investment strategy.
The Wirral Way in my constituency is a beautiful path that is popular with cyclists and walkers for the expansive views it gives over the Dee estuary, and, of course, the fresh air it affords and the internationally renowned bird life. The Government have committed more than £15 billion over five years for their roads investment strategy, but just £316 million for their draft...
More of Margaret Greenwood’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Wirral West
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Department for Transport
- Personal Independence Payment: Mental Illness
- Shellfish: Dee Estuary
- Mersey Tunnel: Tolls
- Country Parks: Children
- Climate Change Levy
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (since 9 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 19 Dec 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 69 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Margaret Greenwood’s speeches
- Has received answers to 27 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.56% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 68 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Margaret Greenwood’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 59 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from