Heidi Allen’s voting in Parliament
Heidi Allen is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Heidi Allen sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Heidi Allen consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Heidi Allen consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Heidi Allen’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Heidi Allen’s full vote analysis page for more.
Heidi Allen has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
I understand that the Secretary of State has an incredibly hard job to do and that money does not grow on trees. When she reviews the consultation findings, however, I urge her to look at the core funding a school needs even to be able to open its doors, because I fear that deprivation has been overweighted in the formula.
I appreciate the Minister’s giving way, particularly as I was late arriving for the debate, and so may have missed some key points. Building on the point made by my hon. Friend the Member for Cheltenham (Alex Chalk), of course I welcome the Government’s interventions, the consultation, the winter scheme and extra money for GPs to cope with inflationary pressures. The problem is...
While I agree that PIP is indeed a big improvement on DLA and that nobody stands to lose from this change, for me the court ruling has highlighted the fact that there are still flaws in the PIP process and that more can be done for mental health claimants; I know that as I have sat through two PIP assessments myself. Therefore, rather than just legislating to ignore this ruling, should we not...
More of Heidi Allen’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Cambridgeshire
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Heidi Allen campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Whales: South Atlantic
- Refugees: Children
- Video on Demand: Disability
- Asylum: Children
- Wildlife: Smuggling
Currently held offices
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (since 8 Jul 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 45 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Heidi Allen’s speeches
- Has received answers to 11 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.05% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 105 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Heidi Allen’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 41 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Mar 2017.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in London, owned jointly with my husband: (i). (Registered 22 May 2015)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Bike Paint Ltd, a paint manufacturing company, of which I am unremunerated director. (Registered 22 May 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from