David Mackintosh’s voting in Parliament
David Mackintosh is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, David Mackintosh sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
David Mackintosh consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
David Mackintosh consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Mackintosh’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Mackintosh’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Mackintosh has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
What assessment he has made of whether the benefit cap encourages people into work.
Can my hon. Friend give me some examples of how the benefit cap is working in my constituency?
What steps his Department is taking to make government more transparent.
More of David Mackintosh’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Northampton South
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
David Mackintosh campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Cabinet Office
- Department of Health
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Inland Waterways: East of England
- Elephants: India
- Mobile Phones: Radio Frequencies
- Electoral Register
- Housing: Older People
Currently held offices
- Member, Petitions Committee (since 20 Jul 2015)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (since 13 Jul 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all David Mackintosh’s speeches
- Has received answers to 126 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 87.80% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 43 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Mackintosh’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 26 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Councillor, Northamptonshire County Council, County Hall, Northampton NN1 1ED. Paid £9,000 per annum, until May 2017
. Hours: approx. 25 hrs per month. (Registered 04 June 2015
Name of donor: Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address of donor: c/o Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia, 30-32 Charles Street, London W1J 5DZ
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and accommodation with a value of £2,888
Destination of visit: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Date of visit: 16-19 February 2016
Purpose of visit: Parliamentary delegation to meet with members of the Shura Council, Government Ministers, human rights groups, NGOs
and the University to further understanding of the Kingdom and its latest developments.
(Registered 01 March 2016
Name of donor: The Global Fund
to Fight AIDS
, Tuberculosis and Malaria
Address of donor: Chemin de Blandonnet 8, 1214 Vernier – Geneva, Switzwerland
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): travel and accommodation with a value of £3,549
Destination of visit: Hanoi, Vietnam
Date of visit: 1–7 July 2016
Purpose of visit: as part of the APPG
on Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases
, to see the work of the Global Fund in combatting HIV
(Registered 12 July 2016)
Name of donor: BASF
Address of donor: BASF SE
/S - C100, 67056 Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights £385 and hotel £120, total £505
Destination of visit: Ludwigshafen, Germany
Date of visit: 21-22 July 2016
Purpose of visit: fact-finding visit to BASF production site organised by the Industry and Parliament Trust
(Registered 04 August 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from