Tulip Siddiq’s voting in Parliament
Tulip Siddiq is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Tulip Siddiq sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Tulip Siddiq voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Tulip Siddiq voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Tulip Siddiq’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Tulip Siddiq’s full vote analysis page for more.
Tulip Siddiq has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, for what reasons International Military Services Ltd financially reports under UK Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for small companies rather than the reporting standard for public bodies of International Financial Reporting Standards.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, if he will publish a list of government to government contracts through International Military Services Ltd that remain unresolved.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, if he will (a) publish the value of contingent liabilities relating to the ongoing dispute on the International Military Services Ltd debt to Iran and (b) identify the portion of that liability that relates to government to government contracts.
More of Tulip Siddiq’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Hampstead and Kilburn
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Tulip Siddiq campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Education
- Home Office
- Department of Health
- HM Treasury
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Children: Day Care
- Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Immigration: EU Nationals
- Pre-school Education
Currently held offices
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (since 11 Jun 2018)
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (since 4 Jun 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 4 Jun 2018)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (Early Years) (9 Oct 2016 to 26 Jan 2017)
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Tulip Siddiq’s speeches
- Has received answers to 381 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 61.51% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 105 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Tulip Siddiq’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 66 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from