Tulip Siddiq campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Tulip Siddiq’s voting in Parliament
Tulip Siddiq is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Tulip Siddiq sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Tulip Siddiq consistently voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Tulip Siddiq generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Tulip Siddiq generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Tulip Siddiq’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Tulip Siddiq’s full vote analysis page for more.
Tulip Siddiq has sometimes rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many asylum applicants were detained in each year between 2013 and 2017 whilst appealing a rejection of their application; and how many of those applicants were successful in appealing that decision.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many children have been detained by UKVI after submitting an asylum application in each year since 2013.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many asylum applicants have been detained in each year since 2013, and how many of those applicants were detained in (a) a short-term facility, and (b) an Immigration Removal Centre.
More of Tulip Siddiq’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Hampstead and Kilburn
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Education
- Home Office
- Department of Health
- HM Treasury
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Children: Day Care
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Money Laundering
- Employment: Telephone Services
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Education) (Early Years) (9 Oct 2016 to 26 Jan 2017)
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Tulip Siddiq’s speeches
- Has received answers to 354 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 56.09% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 97 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Tulip Siddiq’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 34 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from