Wendy Morton’s voting in Parliament
Wendy Morton is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Wendy Morton sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Wendy Morton consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Wendy Morton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Wendy Morton’s full vote analysis page for more.
Wendy Morton has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
I beg to move, That the Bill be now read the Third time. Despite having had some previous success with a private Member’s Bill in this place, it is always special to have brought a Bill to its Third Reading. I am particularly pleased to have been able to introduce this Bill because although, as I have said, it is short and simple, it will have an impact nationally in potentially...
I am grateful to my hon. Friend, who also contributed on Second Reading, for his kind words. I am grateful to all hon. Members who have played a part in the progress of this Bill. If even one journalist or one citizen journalist uses this power to bring poor spending decisions or untoward expenditure to the attention of local electors so that they can ask questions of the auditor or object to...
That is a fair point, but what I am driving at is the difference between a small “invite only” Facebook group, which the Bill will not cover, and a broader, open Facebook group. The Bill is about transparency and openness, not about “invite only” groups. The definition is also unlikely to include material sent as a direct message via Twitter, Facebook or email. It...
More of Wendy Morton’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Aldridge-Brownhills
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Wendy Morton campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for International Development
- Department of Health
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Overseas Aid
- Travellers: Caravan Sites
- Mediterranean Sea: Refugees
- Department for Transport: Overseas Aid
- Maternity Services: Safety
Currently held offices
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Feb 2016)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (since 12 Oct 2015)
- Member, International Development Committee (since 8 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (13 Jun 2016 to 31 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 78 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Wendy Morton’s speeches
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.72% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 44 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Wendy Morton’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 84 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Two commercial properties, both of which are small industrial units on a business park in North Yorkshire
, owned by DM
Electronics Ltd: (i). (Registered 02 June 2015
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
DM Electronics Ltd, electronics design and manufacturing. (Registered 02 June 2015)
On 27 April 2016
, I received the gift of a small statuette, with an approx. value of £250, from Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity. This was following the passage of my Private Members Bill
(Charitable Trusts) Act 2016, through Parliament. (Registered 04 May 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from