A selection of Wendy Morton's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
5 votes for, 16 votes against, 2 absences, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Consistently voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Wendy Morton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Wendy Morton’s full vote analysis page for more.
Former Conservative MP for Aldridge-Brownhills
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Wendy Morton campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for International Development
- Department of Health
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Overseas Aid
- Travellers: Caravan Sites
- Mediterranean Sea: Refugees
- Department for Transport: Overseas Aid
- Maternity Services: Safety
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (13 Jun 2016 to 31 Oct 2016)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (12 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, International Development Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 68 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Wendy Morton’s speeches
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.86% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 45 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 86 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Two commercial properties, both of which are small industrial units on a business park in North Yorkshire
, owned by DM
Electronics Ltd: (i). (Registered 02 June 2015
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
DM Electronics Ltd, electronics design and manufacturing. (Registered 02 June 2015)
On 27 April 2016
, I received the gift of a small statuette, with an approx. value of £250, from Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity. This was following the passage of my Private Members Bill
(Charitable Trusts) Act 2016, through Parliament. (Registered 04 May 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from