Wendy Morton’s voting in Parliament
Wendy Morton is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Wendy Morton sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Wendy Morton consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Wendy Morton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Wendy Morton’s full vote analysis page for more.
Wendy Morton has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
Unauthorised encampments – Wendy Morton.
As the Minister will be aware, the OECD has said that the UK is “one of the very few countries that has figured out a sustainable approach to higher education financing”. Does he agree that Labour’s approach risks undermining that sustainability?
I welcome the opportunity to speak in the debate. It is a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Kingston upon Hull West and Hessle (Emma Hardy). It was also a pleasure to have been in the Chamber to listen to the maiden speech of a fellow west midlands MP, the hon. Member for Birmingham, Edgbaston (Preet Kaur Gill). She gave an absolutely delightful maiden speech setting out some of her...
More of Wendy Morton’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Aldridge-Brownhills
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Wendy Morton campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for International Development
- Department of Health
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Overseas Aid
- Travellers: Caravan Sites
- Mediterranean Sea: Refugees
- Department for Transport: Overseas Aid
- Maternity Services: Safety
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (13 Jun 2016 to 31 Oct 2016)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (12 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, International Development Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 81 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Wendy Morton’s speeches
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 49 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Wendy Morton’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 99 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: United and Cecil Club
Address of donor: Penderel House, 283-287 High Holborn, London WS1 2AN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: members' association
(Registered 30 June 2017
Name of donor: Unionist Buildings
Address of donor: 16-18 Broadway North, Walsall, West Midlands WS1 2AN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £6,000
Donor status: company, registration 00116945
(Registered 30 June 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Two commercial properties, both of which are small industrial units on a business park in North Yorkshire
, owned by DM
Electronics Ltd: (i). (Registered 02 June 2015
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
DM Electronics Ltd, electronics design and manufacturing. (Registered 02 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from