Tommy Sheppard’s voting in Parliament
Tommy Sheppard is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Tommy Sheppard’s votes.
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
30 votes for, 3 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2017
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 19 votes against, 4 absences, between 2015–2016
Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Tommy Sheppard’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Tommy Sheppard’s full vote analysis page for more.
Tommy Sheppard has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 20 Dec 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what representations he has made to his Israeli counterpart on the legislation passed by the Knesset on 7 March 2018 to enable that country's Minister of Interior to revoke the permanent residency status of Palestinian residents of Jerusalem; and if he will make an assessment of the compatibility of that law with...
On a point of order, Madam Deputy Speaker. I rise to seek your guidance on what parliamentary procedure might be available to me to get a reply from the Home Office on matters relating to my constituents. Four months ago to the day, I wrote to the then Minister of State at the Home Office asking whether he would review the resources available to the Members’ support line at UK Visas and...
Can the Minister be clear on whether the Government intend to review the legislation relating to the sale of such devices? He said that the consultation is about their use in England, but as the hon. Member for Aberdeen South (Ross Thomson) and others have made clear, there is great public concern about the sale of such devices. Failing to act on their sale may undermine attempts to curb...
More of Tommy Sheppard’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Edinburgh East
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Tommy Sheppard campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for International Development
- Refugees: Children
- Israel: Palestinians
- Passports: British Nationals Abroad
- Ministry of Defence: Public Expenditure
- Carer's Allowance: Scotland
Currently held offices
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Scotland) (since 20 Jun 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (House of Lords) (since 20 Jun 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Cabinet Office) (since 20 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Privileges (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committee on Standards (9 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Tommy Sheppard’s speeches
- Has received answers to 64 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.63% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Tommy Sheppard’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 145 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Mar 2018.
Name of donor: Medical Aid for Palestinians
Address of donor: 33a Islington Park Street, London N1 1 QB
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, accommodation, food and transport with a total value of £1,390
Destination of visit: West Bank
Dates of visit: 13-17 February 2017
Purpose of visit: Fact finding visit organised by the Council for Arab-British Understanding and Medical Aid for Palestinians.
(Registered 09 March 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Commercial premises in Edinburgh, owned by Salt 'n' Sauce promotions Ltd (see category 7 below): (i). (Registered 04 June 2015
Residential property in Edinburgh, owned by Salt 'n' Sauce promotions Ltd (see category 7 below): (i). (Registered 04 June 2015)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Salt 'n' Sauce Promotions Ltd; an entertainment company. (Registered 04 June 2015)
The Scottish Comedy Agency Ltd; organising and promoting comedy related entertainment. (Registered 19 February 2016
Board Member (unpaid) of Common Weal, a 'think and do tank' campaigning for social and economic equality in Scotland. (Registered 06 September 2017
From February 2017, Council member (unpaid) of the Scottish Independence Convention
, an umbrella group bringing together pro-independence parties, groups and organisations to promote the concept and ideals of an independent Scotland. (Registered 06 September 2017)
From September 2017, Honorary President
, a charity offering direct mentoring to minority ethnic communities in Edinburgh, the Lothians, Scottish Borders and Fife. (Registered 06 September 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from