A selection of Tommy Sheppard's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
18 votes for, 3 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2017
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 19 votes against, 4 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Tommy Sheppard’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Tommy Sheppard’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, what his Department's total expenditure on independent polling was in the financial years (a) 2014-15, (b) 2015-16 and (c) 2016-17.
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, how many surveys his Department commissioned from independent companies in (a) 2014, (b) 2015 and (c) 2016 by (i) polling company, (ii) category of polling project and (iii) geographical location.
I believe this is the sort of thing that gets politics a bad name in our country and it is what is leading to the alienation of many of our citizens from the political process. There is only one reason the Prime Minister wants a general election on 8 June: she figures she has a better chance of winning it now than she does in the future. It is therefore the most blatant abuse of the...
More of Tommy Sheppard’s recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for Edinburgh East
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Tommy Sheppard campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Home Office
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Passports: British Nationals Abroad
- Israel: Palestinians
- Carer's Allowance: Scotland
- Duchy of Lancaster
- Jobcentres: Edinburgh
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Privileges (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committee on Standards (9 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Cabinet Office) (20 May 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 55 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Tommy Sheppard’s speeches
- Has received answers to 45 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.74% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 75 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 91 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from Ipsos MORI
, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY, for opinion surveys:
Payment of £200 expected for survey undertaken on 11 July 2016
. Hours: 1 hr. Payment to be donated to charity. (Registered 27 July 2016)
Name of donor: Medical Aid for Palestinians
Address of donor: 33a Islington Park Street, London N1 1 QB
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, accommodation, food and transport with a total value of £1,390
Destination of visit: West Bank
Dates of visit: 13-17 February 2017
Purpose of visit: Fact finding visit organised by the Council for Arab-British Understanding and Medical Aid for Palestinians.
(Registered 09 March 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Commercial premises in Edinburgh, owned by Salt 'n' Sauce promotions Ltd (see category 7 below): (i). (Registered 04 June 2015
Residential property in Edinburgh, owned by Salt 'n' Sauce promotions Ltd (see category 7 below): (i). (Registered 04 June 2015)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Salt 'n' Sauce Promotions Ltd; an entertainment company. (Registered 04 June 2015)
The Scottish Comedy Agency Ltd; organising and promoting comedy related entertainment. This is a late entry to which the rectification procedure was applied on 3 May 2016. Paragraph 16 of Chapter 4 of the 2015 Guide to the Rules refers. (Registered 19 February 2016)
Until March 2016, the George Street Festival Ltd; a company which did not trade and is now dissolved. This is a late entry to which the rectification procedure was applied on 3 May 2016. Paragraph 16 of Chapter 4 of the 2015 Guide to the Rules refers. (Registered 03 May 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from