A selection of Paul Monaghan's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
19 votes for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2016–2017
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 18 votes against, 5 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Paul Monaghan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Paul Monaghan’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what assessment her Department has made of the implications for its policies of China's recent decision to close its domestic ivory trade.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, whether the consultation on the UK ivory market will look at plans to ban the trade in pre-1947 ivory.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what recent steps her Department has taken to fulfil the Government's commitment to closing the UK ivory market.
More of Paul Monaghan’s recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Paul Monaghan campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Home Office
- HM Treasury
- Social Security Benefits
- Electricity: Meters
- Civil Nuclear Constabulary
- Fuels: Rebates
- Fisheries: Finance
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (28 Nov 2016 to 6 Feb 2017)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Sub-Committee (14 Oct 2015 to 22 Mar 2017)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Paul Monaghan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 118 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 61.67% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 29 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 35 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: BASF
Address of donor: BASF SE
/S - C100, 67056 Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): air tickets £275.38; one nights accommodation/subsistence £120; total £395.38
Destination of visit: Ludwigshafen, Germany
Date of visit: 21-22 July 2016
Purpose of visit: To visit the BASF Chemical Works and BASF Headquarters, and to discuss the implications of the UK's separation from the European Union.
(Registered 08 August 2016
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from