Lucy Allan’s voting in Parliament
Lucy Allan is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Lucy Allan sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Lucy Allan voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Lucy Allan voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Lucy Allan voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lucy Allan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lucy Allan’s full vote analysis page for more.
Lucy Allan has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
T-levels are a fantastic opportunity for preparation for the world of work. What further steps is the Secretary of State taking to ensure that businesses are onside and supportive, because there are some indications that some businesses are not behind this initiative?
Following his meeting last week with the Family Rights Group to discuss the care crisis review, will the Children’s Minister now consider developing a long-term strategy for reducing the number of children being taken into care?
I thank all Members who have contributed to this extremely important debate. I value in particular the reminder from the hon. Member for Strangford (Jim Shannon) that these children are not statistics; these children are our children. I know that everyone present shares that view. I am grateful and glad that the Minister will meet the Family Rights Group tomorrow. That is excellent news. The...
More of Lucy Allan’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Telford
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Lucy Allan campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Office
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Ministry of Housing
- Communities and Local Government
- Department for Education
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Offences against Children
- Ministry of Defence: Babcock International
- Children: Day Care
- Offences against Children: Telford
- GKN: Melrose
Currently held offices
- Member, Education Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (23 Jan 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee (14 Sep 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Education Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Lucy Allan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 66 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.63% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 81 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lucy Allan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 88 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from