Lucy Allan’s voting in Parliament
Lucy Allan is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Lucy Allan sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Lucy Allan consistently voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Lucy Allan consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Lucy Allan consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lucy Allan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lucy Allan’s full vote analysis page for more.
Lucy Allan has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Dec 2017
Is the Minister aware of the comment from the chief executive of the Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service that there are children in care unnecessarily—children who would not be in care if they had the help that is available in some parts of the country? The inference is that the service is very patchy and that a child might end up in the care system, when elsewhere in...
The hon. Lady is to be congratulated on moving this important motion and I am grateful to her. I hope she will join me at a later stage in introducing a Backbench Business Committee debate so that this extremely important motion can be debated more fully. Does she agree that it is a stain on our society that we have so many children being taken into state care, and that the focus is on taking...
What steps her Department is taking to reduce the number of children taken into care.
More of Lucy Allan’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Telford
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Lucy Allan campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Transport
- Department of Health
- HM Treasury
- Home Office
- Revenue and Customs: Buildings
- Obesity: Children
- Local Government: Licensing
- Bus Services
- Nepal: Economic Situation
Currently held offices
- Member, Education Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (23 Jan 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee (14 Sep 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Education Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Lucy Allan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.15% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 78 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lucy Allan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 68 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Dec 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Besblock Ltd
Address of donor: Halesfield 21, Telford TF7 4NF
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: company, registration 01059042
(Registered 27 June 2017
Name of donor: J C Bamford Excavators Ltd
Address of donor: 3 High Street, Bassingham, Lincolnshire LN5 9JZ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
Donor status: company, registration 00561597
(Registered 27 June 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from