Deidre Brock’s voting in Parliament
Deidre Brock is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Deidre Brock’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Deidre Brock’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Deidre Brock’s full vote analysis page for more.
Deidre Brock has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Scottish National Party MP for Edinburgh North and Leith
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Deidre Brock campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Scotland Office
- Home Office
- Cabinet Office
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Scotland Office: Social Media
- Energy: Prices
- Scotland Office: Advertising
- Cabinet Office: Edinburgh
Currently held offices
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Environment and Rural Affairs) (since 1 Jul 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Wales) (since 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Devolved Government Relations) (since 20 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Fair Work and Employment) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Northern Ireland) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (5 Sep 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (4 Nov 2015 to 15 Nov 2016)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Jul 2015 to 12 Sep 2016)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Scottish Parliament/Scottish Government Liaison) (20 May 2015 to 20 Jun 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 89 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Deidre Brock’s speeches
- Has received answers to 250 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.27% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 143 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Deidre Brock’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 132 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from