Deidre Brock’s voting in Parliament
Deidre Brock is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Deidre Brock’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Deidre Brock’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Deidre Brock’s full vote analysis page for more.
Deidre Brock has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 20 Dec 2017
Brexit—what a success it’s been, eh? The restoration of greatness is upon this sceptred isle. Except, it’s not. When we finally got some sight of what the Government thought might be the economic impact of Brexit, it was horrific. It was even more horrific given that the Government had exhibited some worrying signs of being massively optimistic about Brexit, when more sober...
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what proportion of Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Charity Worker) visa applications UK Visas and Immigration has refused in the last four quarters for which information is available.
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairship, Sir David. It is also a pleasure, as a woman with all the privileges of an MP, to get up on my pins in this place and talk about issues that affect women all around us. We have a moral obligation to speak for women who do not have the same opportunities to speak out, and that includes many women who work here but are not Members. Dignity at work...
More of Deidre Brock’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Edinburgh North and Leith
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Deidre Brock campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Office
- Scotland Office
- Cabinet Office
- HM Treasury
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Scotland Office: Social Media
- Energy: Prices
- Cabinet Office: Edinburgh
- Immigration: EU Nationals
Currently held offices
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Fair Work and Employment) (since 20 Jun 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Northern Ireland) (since 20 Jun 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Devolved Government Relations) (since 20 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (5 Sep 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (4 Nov 2015 to 15 Nov 2016)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Jul 2015 to 12 Sep 2016)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Scottish Parliament/Scottish Government Liaison) (20 May 2015 to 20 Jun 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 70 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Deidre Brock’s speeches
- Has received answers to 258 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 81.20% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 144 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Deidre Brock’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 97 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Mar 2018.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Angus Crichton-Miller
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Date received: 26 April 2017
Date accepted: 28 April 2017
Donor status: individual
(Registered 05 July 2017
Name of donor: Swiss Foreign Ministry
Address of donor: Presence Switzerland PRS
, Bundesgasse 32, 3003 Bern, Switzerland
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Travel and accommodation with an approx. value of £1,900
Destination of visit: Switzerland (Zurich, Bern, Lausanne, Geneva)
Dates of visit: 3-7 April 2017
Purpose of visit: Participation in a study trip to Switzerland (Swiss-EU
relations, Swiss financial centre, Science and Innovation, International Geneva).
(Registered 02 May 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
My partner and I have half share ownership (in total) of two flats in Edinburgh: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from