As a result of COVID-19, some MPs have been less able to vote in Parliament, and this will be reflected in their voting record.
Show more detail
- 11th May to 2nd June 2020
All MPs could vote remotely through an online voting tool. Votes cast remotely are shown as normal on the TheyWorkForYou voting record.
- 2nd to 9th June 2020
The option of online voting was removed, and a number of MPs may have been unable to vote because they were not physically able to attend.
- 10th June 2020 onwards
The requirements on proxy voting were relaxed, allowing MPs to designate another MP to cast a vote on their behalf.
If an MP votes by proxy, it is effectively exactly the same as if they cast the vote in person and it shows up on their TheyWorkForYou voting record.
MPs are not required to designate a proxy, and may instead pair with an opposing MP to miss a vote. Parliament does not record when two MPs have come to a pairing arrangement, so on TheyWorkForYou, they will both appear to have been absent for the vote.
We will update this information if the situation changes. See more detail on votes during the COVID-19 period here.
Deidre Brock’s voting in Parliament
Deidre Brock is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Deidre Brock’s votes.
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2016–2020
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
64 votes for, 7 votes against, 12 absences, between 2017–2020
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Last updated: 1 Sep 2020.
Please share these votes responsibly.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Deidre Brock’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Deidre Brock’s full vote analysis page for more.
Deidre Brock has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, whether his Department had a relationship with Clandeboye Agencies Ltd before the awarding of a contract to provide personal protective equipment in May 2020.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, whether his Department had a relationship with Inivos Limited before the awarding of a contract to provide personal protective equipment in June 2020.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, whether his Department had a relationship with PPE Medpro Ltd before the awarding of a contract to provide personal protective equipment in June 2020.
More of Deidre Brock’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Edinburgh North and Leith
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Deidre Brock campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Scotland Office
- Home Office
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Ministry of Defence
- Cabinet Office
- Scotland Office: Social Media
- Immigration: EU Nationals
- Public Expenditure: Scotland
- Scotland Office: Advertising
Currently held offices
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (since 4 May 2020)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (since 7 Jan 2020)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Wales) (since 1 Jul 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Environment and Rural Affairs) (1 Jul 2018 to 7 Jan 2020)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Fair Work and Employment) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Northern Ireland) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (5 Sep 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (4 Nov 2015 to 15 Nov 2016)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Jul 2015 to 12 Sep 2016)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Scottish Parliament/Scottish Government Liaison) (20 May 2015 to 20 Jun 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Devolved Government Relations) (20 May 2015 to 7 Jan 2020)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)