Deidre Brock’s voting in Parliament
Deidre Brock is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Deidre Brock’s votes.
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
44 votes for, 3 votes against, 10 absences, between 2016–2018
We have lots more plain English analysis of Deidre Brock’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Deidre Brock’s full vote analysis page for more.
Deidre Brock has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, how many licences to shoot protected wild bird species were issued in each of the last ten years.
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairship, Mr Gray. I do not have long, so I cannot dwell too much on some of the valuable contributions made by hon. Members, but I commend the hon. Member for Harrow West (Gareth Thomas) for securing this debate. He raised very important points, and I am delighted that they are being addressed in this forum. There was quite a contrast between some of...
It is interesting. We are, of course, spending considerable amounts of money on addressing that. As I understand it, and I will speak about this later, our service performance is now comparable to the leading UK water companies; on some measures, we outperform them. As we continue to invest, water loss will be driven down. English water companies are having to resort to debt; that is what...
More of Deidre Brock’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Edinburgh North and Leith
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Deidre Brock campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Scotland Office
- Home Office
- Ministry of Defence
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Scotland Office: Social Media
- Public Expenditure: Scotland
- Clyde Naval Base: Safety
- Energy: Prices
Currently held offices
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Environment and Rural Affairs) (since 1 Jul 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Wales) (since 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Devolved Government Relations) (since 20 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Fair Work and Employment) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Northern Ireland) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (5 Sep 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (4 Nov 2015 to 15 Nov 2016)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Jul 2015 to 12 Sep 2016)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Scottish Parliament/Scottish Government Liaison) (20 May 2015 to 20 Jun 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)