Deidre Brock’s voting in Parliament
Deidre Brock is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Deidre Brock’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Deidre Brock’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Deidre Brock’s full vote analysis page for more.
Deidre Brock has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what assessment he has made of the effect on disability employment of reductions to the work-related activity group component of employment and support allowance; and whether the Government will reconsider that measure if the disability employment gap widens as a result.
The hon. Gentleman is making some good points. Citizens Advice Scotland highlighted in its briefing on this subject that many companies still issue tickets whose appearance mimics those issued by the police or the local authority, have difficult-to-read signage in their car parks and, at times, charge fees of more than £500. Does he agree that it is time that the British Parking...
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what estimate she has made of the number of parents who have sent their children to the UK as unaccompanied asylum seekers.
More of Deidre Brock’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Edinburgh North and Leith
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Deidre Brock campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Office
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- HM Treasury
- Civil Servants: Pensions
- Social Rented Housing: EU Nationals
- Investment: Treaties
- UK Membership of EU
- Ministers: Pensions
Currently held offices
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (since 5 Sep 2016)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Scottish Parliament/Scottish Government Liaison) (since 20 May 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Devolved Government Relations) (since 20 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (4 Nov 2015 to 15 Nov 2016)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Jul 2015 to 12 Sep 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 61 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Deidre Brock’s speeches
- Has received answers to 145 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.25% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 150 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Deidre Brock’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 60 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Mar 2017.
Name of donor: Tynwald - Parliament of the Isle of Man
Address of donor: Legislative Buildings, Finch Rd, Douglas, Isle of Man
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): accommodation £220 and hospitality £200, total value £420. The cost of flights were met by a non-registrable source.
Destination of visit: Douglas, Isle of Man
Date of visit: 3-5 July 2016
Purpose of visit: Guest at Tynwald Day
(Registered 26 July 2016)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
My partner and I have half share ownership (in total) of two flats in Edinburgh: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from