Deidre Brock’s voting in Parliament
Deidre Brock is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a random selection of Deidre Brock’s votes.
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2016–2020.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
67 votes for, 9 votes against, 15 absences, between 2017–2022.
Has never voted on raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2022.
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016.
Generally voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2015–2022.
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016.
Last updated: 18 May 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Deidre Brock’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Deidre Brock’s full vote analysis page for more.
Deidre Brock has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Sir Robert. The SNP welcomes the progress made on the work of the ICGS. We support all efforts to improve the system and to stamp out all bullying, harassment and sexual misconduct, in this place and beyond. Everyone has a right to a safe workplace and to live their lives without fear or intimidation. All employers have a duty of care to...
I am sure that the hearts of all of us in the House go out to those innocents who have suffered in Gaza and Israel, and who continue to suffer. I, too, wish the House a very happy St Andrew’s day —to you, Mr Deputy Speaker, and to us all. On this special day, I have first a word of thanks. The Leader of the House has described me in this Chamber and on social media as “sanctimonious”,...
What recent progress her Department has made on bringing forward legislative proposals on reform of audit and corporate governance.
More of Deidre Brock’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Edinburgh North and Leith
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Deidre Brock campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Office
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Scotland Office
- Cabinet Office
- Scotland Office: Social Media
- Immigration: EU Nationals
- Public Expenditure: Scotland
- Visas: Ukraine
Currently held offices
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (House of Commons Business) (since 12 Dec 2022)
- Member, Restoration and Renewal Client Board Committee (since 17 Oct 2022)
- Member, Members Estimate Committee (since 8 Sep 2022)
- Member, House of Commons Commission (since 8 Sep 2022)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (COP26) (since 8 Jan 2021)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Wales) (since 1 Jul 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Leader of the House of Commons ( 8 Sep 2022 to 12 Dec 2022)
- Member, Genetic Technology (Precision Breeding) Bill Committee (22 Jun 2022 to 7 Jul 2022)
- Member, Animal Welfare (Sentience) Bill [HL] Committee ( 9 Feb 2022 to 10 Feb 2022)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee ( 4 May 2020 to 18 Sep 2023)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) ( 7 Jan 2020 to 8 Sep 2022)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Environment and Rural Affairs) ( 1 Jul 2018 to 7 Jan 2020)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Fair Work and Employment) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Northern Ireland) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee ( 5 Sep 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission ( 4 Nov 2015 to 15 Nov 2016)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee ( 7 Jul 2015 to 12 Sep 2016)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Scottish Parliament/Scottish Government Liaison) (20 May 2015 to 20 Jun 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Devolved Government Relations) (20 May 2015 to 7 Jan 2020)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)