Caroline Ansell’s voting in Parliament
Caroline Ansell is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Caroline Ansell sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Caroline Ansell consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Caroline Ansell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Caroline Ansell’s full vote analysis page for more.
Caroline Ansell has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, if she will consider extending to maintained schools exemptions similar to those which exist for small academies from the Apprenticeship Levy; and if she will make a statement.
I congratulate my hon. Friend the Member for Hendon (Dr Offord) on securing this important debate. It is a privilege to take part in a debate in which my hon. Friend the Member for South Ribble (Seema Kennedy) brings such extraordinary insight and makes that important distinction between the people and their leaders. Since the signing of the nuclear deal in July 2015, Iran’s regional...
My right hon. Friend will know that I am the only Member of Parliament in England and Wales who can say that every school in their constituency will either hold steady or see a rise. May I thank him for looking at a funding formula that has for too many years disadvantaged some schools? This goes to show how extraordinarily hard it has been for some of our schools to deliver quality education.
More of Caroline Ansell’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Eastbourne
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Caroline Ansell campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department for Education
- Department for Transport
- Department of Health
- Ministry of Justice
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Courts: Closures
- Aviation: South East
- Home Office: Families
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport: Families
- Ministry of Justice: Families
Currently held offices
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 28 Oct 2015)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 20 Jul 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Caroline Ansell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 28 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.59% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 113 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Caroline Ansell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 25 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: David E Brownlow
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £25,000 for my campaign fund
Donor status: individual
(Registered 28 September 2016
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Irene Souliotis
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: general improvements and refurbishment works to my constituency
office with a total value of £11,979.18
Date received: 12 May 2016
Date accepted: 12 May 2016
Donor status: individual
(Registered 20 May 2016)
Name of donor: CARE
(Christian Action, Research & Education)
Address of donor: 53 Romney Street, London SW1P 3RF
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: services of voluntary intern for four-days-a-week from September 2016 to July 2017
, who will receive a bursary of £770 per calendar month as a member of CARE’s educational Leadership Programme, total value £8,470
Date of receipt: 26 September 2016
Date of acceptance: 26 September 2016
Donor status: charity, registration 1066963
(Registered 12 October 2016
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from