A selection of Caroline Ansell's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
4 votes for, 16 votes against, 3 absences, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2016–2017
Voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2016
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
We have lots more plain English analysis of Caroline Ansell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Caroline Ansell’s full vote analysis page for more.
My hon. Friend will be dismayed but not surprised to learn that at my last advice surgery I, too, saw grandparents who were suffering in this way. Their plea was for a change in thinking, a change in culture, because they had been advised that their only recourse was through the courts, and they did not want to put their grandchildren through that or to create further tensions within the family.
Section 33 of the Criminal Justice and Courts Act 2015 is landmark legislation that makes revenge porn a specific offence. In Eastbourne, we have just had a high-profile case in which a serial offender walked free with a caution. One of his victims was a minor, and to add further insult to injury, images posted with incitements are still online. What more can the Government do to make sure...
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, how many teachers with responsibility for providing careers advice have had training in autism.
More of Caroline Ansell’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Eastbourne
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Caroline Ansell campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department for Education
- Department for Transport
- Department of Health
- Ministry of Justice
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Courts: Closures
- Aviation: South East
- Home Office: Families
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport: Families
- Ministry of Justice: Families
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Caroline Ansell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 18 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.72% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 60 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 26 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: David E Brownlow
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £25,000 for my campaign fund
Donor status: individual
(Registered 28 September 2016
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Irene Souliotis
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: general improvements and refurbishment works to my constituency
office with a total value of £11,979.18
Date received: 12 May 2016
Date accepted: 12 May 2016
Donor status: individual
(Registered 20 May 2016)
Name of donor: CARE
(Christian Action, Research & Education)
Address of donor: 53 Romney Street, London SW1P 3RF
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: services of voluntary intern for four-days-a-week from September 2016 to July 2017, who will receive a bursary of £770 per calendar month as a member of CARE’s educational Leadership Programme, total value £8,470
Date of receipt: 26 September 2016
Date of acceptance: 26 September 2016
Donor status: charity, registration 1066963
(Registered 12 October 2016
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from