Mims Davies’s voting in Parliament
Mims Davies is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a random selection of Mims Davies’s votes.
Generally voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
1 vote for, 10 votes against, 3 absences, between 2016–2022.
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2016.
Voted against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016.
Voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016.
Generally voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2016–2021.
Consistently voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016.
Last updated: 18 May 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mims Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mims Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mims Davies has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The proportion of prison leavers in employment six months after their release has more than doubled in the two years to March 2023. Ministers and officials across government already work together on measures to support ex-offenders into work and reduce reoffending. A National Partnership Agreement between Ministry of Justice, HM Prison and Probation Service, and Department for Work and...
Although the Health and Safety Executive annually reviews substances for potential inclusion in the UK REACH Candidate List of substances of very high concern for authorisation, it is not anticipating an update to the list before 2025.
I refer the hon. Member to the answer given to PQ3412.
More of Mims Davies’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mid Sussex
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Also represented Eastleigh
Topics of interest
Mims Davies campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Transport
- Home Office
- Local Plans
- Housing: Construction
- Neighbourhood Development Plans
- Roads: Repairs and Maintenance
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (since 27 Oct 2022)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Child Support (Enforcement) Bill Committee (22 Feb 2023 to 1 Mar 2023)
- Member, Child Support Collection (Domestic Abuse) Bill Committee ( 7 Dec 2022 to 14 Dec 2022)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department (20 Sep 2022 to 27 Oct 2022)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (25 Jul 2019 to 6 Jul 2022)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport ( 5 Nov 2018 to 25 Jul 2019)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales (26 Jul 2018 to 5 Nov 2018)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) ( 9 Jan 2018 to 5 Nov 2018)
- Member, Consolidation, &c., Bills (Joint Committee) ( 6 Nov 2017 to 5 Mar 2018)
- Member, Commons Reference Group on Representation and Inclusion Committee (15 Nov 2016 to 23 Oct 2018)
- Member, Consolidation, &c., Bills (Joint Committee) ( 9 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee ( 6 Jul 2015 to 19 Dec 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Nov 2023.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Part ownership of agricultural land/non-working smallholding in mid Sussex with light industrial and storage units: (i). Income from this property is paid to the agent. (Registered 05 June 2015; updated 09 January 2020).
From 24 October 2021, regular volunteer radio presenter of a retro/dance show for the local community radio station, Mid Sussex Radio (previously Burgess Hill Radio). (Registered 18 November 2021; updated 30 May 2022)
From 14 May 2020, Honorary President
- Haywards Heath Rugby Football Club (HHRFC). This is an unpaid role. (Registered 15 June 2023)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)