Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
Mims Davies’s voting in Parliament
Mims Davies is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mims Davies sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mims Davies voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Mims Davies voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mims Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mims Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mims Davies has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Holding answer received on 20 January 2020 Parents are given the opportunity to avoid collection charges and use the Direct Pay Service, provided paying parents can pay their maintenance in full and on time. Where parents fail to pay their liability in full and on time, parents should notify the Child Maintenance Service who will take swift action to move the case to Collect & Pay...
The information relating to Child Maintenance Service outstanding maintenance (arrears) is published and available online as part of the Child Maintenance Service statistics. The latest publication includes information to September 2019. This is available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/child-maintenance-s ervice-statistics-data-to-september-2019-experimental The requested...
In the rain.
More of Mims Davies’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mid Sussex
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Also represented Eastleigh
Topics of interest
Mims Davies campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Transport
- Home Office
- Local Plans
- Roads: Repairs and Maintenance
- Drugs: Advisory Services
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (since 25 Jul 2019)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (5 Nov 2018 to 25 Jul 2019)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales (26 Jul 2018 to 5 Nov 2018)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (9 Jan 2018 to 25 Jul 2019)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (6 Nov 2017 to 5 Mar 2018)
- Member, Commons Reference Group on Representation and Inclusion Committee (15 Nov 2016 to 23 Oct 2018)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 19 Dec 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Mims Davies’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 93 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mims Davies’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 179 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Nov 2019.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Agricultural land/non-working smallholding in mid Sussex: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015)
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
New River Retail Limited, a property investment company which is a specialist owner, manager and developer of UK
retail and leisure assets. The shares are held jointly with my husband. The value of the shares became registrable in October 2015. (Registered 29 October 2015; updated 14 January 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)