Mims Davies’s voting in Parliament
Mims Davies is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mims Davies sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mims Davies voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Mims Davies voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mims Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mims Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mims Davies has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Staff and service delivery have, where possible, been relocated to alternative DWP buildings or partner organisation’s buildings in order to maintain delivery of services to customers. Since 1st February 2010 through to 3rd October 2019, 219 buildings through which Jobcentre Plus services were delivered have been closed. On occasions jobcentres were closed to merge with other, bigger...
There were no meetings between the Secretary of State and her Departments Chief Scientific Officer from 1 June to 31 August 2019.
Details of Ministers’ meetings are published quarterly in arrears on GOV.UK. There are no recorded departmental meetings or call logs between Mr Crispin Odey and Ministers in the Department for Work and Pensions.
More of Mims Davies’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Eastleigh
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Mims Davies campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Transport
- Home Office
- Local Plans
- Housing: Construction
- Roads: Repairs and Maintenance
- Drugs: Advisory Services
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (since 25 Jul 2019)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (5 Nov 2018 to 25 Jul 2019)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales (26 Jul 2018 to 5 Nov 2018)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (9 Jan 2018 to 25 Jul 2019)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (6 Nov 2017 to 5 Mar 2018)
- Member, Commons Reference Group on Representation and Inclusion Committee (15 Nov 2016 to 23 Oct 2018)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 19 Dec 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Mims Davies’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.05% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 102 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mims Davies’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 176 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Sep 2019.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Agricultural land/non-working smallholding in mid Sussex: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015)
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
New River Retail Limited, a property investment company which is a specialist owner, manager and developer of UK
retail and leisure assets. The shares are held jointly with my husband. The value of the shares became registrable in October 2015. (Registered 29 October 2015; updated 14 January 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)