Mims Davies’s voting in Parliament
Mims Davies is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mims Davies sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mims Davies voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Mims Davies voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mims Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mims Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mims Davies has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
The Office of the Secretary of State for Wales (Wales Office) has allocated the £0.3 million in EU exit funding to staffing.
The highest paid member of staff at the Office of the Secretary of State for Wales is contracted to work a minimum of 42 hours.
The Office of the Secretary of State for Wales does not employ staff directly. All staff working at the Office are employed by the Ministry of Justice (MOJ). 2.3 (FTE) staff are seconded to the Office from the Government Legal Department. There are no staff working under contract to the Department. Contractors delivering services to the Office do so under other government departments’...
More of Mims Davies’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Eastleigh
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Mims Davies campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Transport
- Home Office
- Local Plans
- Drugs: Advisory Services
- Roads: Repairs and Maintenance
- Housing: Construction
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales (since 26 Jul 2018)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (since 9 Jan 2018)
- Member, Commons Reference Group on Representation and Inclusion Committee (since 15 Nov 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (6 Nov 2017 to 5 Mar 2018)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 19 Dec 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 55 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Mims Davies’s speeches
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.21% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 82 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mims Davies’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 109 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 15 Oct 2018.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: ITV
Address of donor: The London Television Centre, Upper Ground, London SE1 9LT
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Ticket to Royal Ascot
, with accompanying hospitality, value £1,306.80
Date received: 21 June 2018
Date accepted: 21 June 2018
Donor status: company, registration 4967001
(Registered 16 July 2018
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Agricultural land/non-working smallholding in mid Sussex: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
New River Retail Limited, a property investment company which is a specialist owner, manager and developer of UK retail and leisure assets. The shares are held jointly with my husband. The value of the shares became registrable in October 2015
. (Registered 29 October 2015; updated 14 January 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from