Craig Williams’s voting in Parliament
Craig Williams is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Craig Williams sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Craig Williams consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Craig Williams’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Craig Williams’s full vote analysis page for more.
Craig Williams has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what guidance his Department has issued for home owners on the risk of wall tie corrosion.
To ask the Secretary of State for Wales, what assessment his Department has made of the potential effect of holding (a) the 2017 Champions League Final and (b) similar events on the economy of Cardiff and the surrounding south Wales area.
What steps she is taking to safeguard vulnerable individuals from online radicalisation.
More of Craig Williams’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Cardiff North
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Craig Williams campaigned to remain in the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Department for Transport
- Department of Health
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Cabinet Office
- Video on Demand
- Electronic Cigarettes: Advertising
- Children: Day Care
- ATOS Healthcare
- Witnesses: Protection
Currently held offices
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (since 23 Jan 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (since 13 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Craig Williams’s speeches
- Has received answers to 26 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.05% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 89 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Craig Williams’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 38 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Mar 2017.
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: All Party Parliamentary China Group (with sponsorship from John Swire
& Sons, HSBC
, City of London, Cambridge Assessment, and Arup)
Address of donor: House of Commons
, London SW1A 0AA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value):
economy class flights (international and domestic) £2,098.33, accommodation £488.29; domestic transport £142.65; food and drink £105.78; meeting and hospitality expenses (inc. interpretation, venue hire) £123.02; total £2,958.06
Destination of visit: China (Chengdu and Kunmig)
Date of visit: 30 May - 4 June 2016
Purpose of visit: To maintain and strengthen relations between the UK Parliament
and the National People's Congress of China; support British Businesses operating in China; and deepen the knowledge of parliamentarians of China.
(Registered 17 June 2016)
Name of donor: National Council for Resistance in Iran
Address of donor: 83 Victoria St, London SW1H 0HW
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): Eurostar travel and accommodation, with a total approx. value of £430
Destination of visit: France (Paris)
Date of visit: 9-10 July 2016
Purpose of visit: to attend the annual Free Iran Rally organized by the National Council of Resistance of Iran
, in my role as a supportive British MP
(Registered 24 August 2016
Name of donor: The PCAA
Address of donor: BM5369, London WC1N 3XX
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights £977; hotels £824; transport £388; meals/coffee £130; tours £75; total £2,394
Destination of visit: Israel and the Palestinian Territories
Dates of visit: 2-6 January 2017
Purpose of visit: APPG
Against Antisemitism delegation to discuss and seek out good practice in addressing antisemitism and racism in football and on the internet.
(Registered 20 January 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from