Catherine West’s voting in Parliament
Catherine West is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Catherine West sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Catherine West generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Catherine West generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Catherine West’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Catherine West’s full vote analysis page for more.
Catherine West has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
If it is found during the investigation that terrorism has been facilitated, what personal responsibility will the Minister take for that dreadful finding?
The Secretary of State will be aware of a recent High Court case concerning a surrogacy issue that has led to legal limbo. Does he agree that the existing legislation has let children down, and that reform is urgently needed?
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what recent discussions he has had with the Law Commission on proposals to review surrogacy legislation.
More of Catherine West’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Hornsey and Wood Green
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Catherine West campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Home Office
- Department for Exiting the European Union
- Unmanned Air Vehicles
- Modern Greek Language: Qualifications
- Syria: Military Intervention
- Refugees: Children
- Concentrix: Standards
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (since 18 Sep 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 55 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Catherine West’s speeches
- Has received answers to 573 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.65% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 120 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Catherine West’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 63 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Mar 2017.
Name of donor: Justice for Colombia
Address of donor: 4th Floor, 75-77 St John
street, London EC1M 4NN
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights and accommodation with a value of £2,900
Destination of visit: Colombia
Dates of visit: 26 November - 3 December 2016
Purpose of visit: To support the Colombian peace process.
(Registered 06 December 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from