Catherine West’s voting in Parliament
Catherine West is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Catherine West sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Catherine West voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Catherine West’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Catherine West’s full vote analysis page for more.
Catherine West has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what estimate he has been made of the cost to the public purse of redundancies as a result of proposals to close of the (a) feed-in and (b) export tariff for solar power.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what criteria is used to determine the referral of families to tertiary centres for the management of epilepsy.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what assessment he has made of the level of compliance with NICE guidance for children and young people with epilepsy during the transition of care to adult services.
More of Catherine West’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Hornsey and Wood Green
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Catherine West campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Home Office
- Department for Education
- Department of Health
- Department for Exiting the European Union
- Burma: Rohingya
- Syria: Armed Conflict
- Hong Kong: Politics and Government
- Unmanned Air Vehicles
- Urinary System: Diseases
Currently held offices
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Oct 2017)
- Member, International Trade Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (18 Sep 2015 to 29 Jun 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 103 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Catherine West’s speeches
- Has received answers to 404 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 114 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Catherine West’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 99 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Sep 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Name of donor: Malaria No More
Address of donor: The Foundry, 17 Oval Way, London SE11 5RR
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, accommodation, food and in-country transport to the value of £1,600.57
Destination of visit: Kenya
Dates of visit: 24 - 28 July 2018
Purpose of visit: To see first-hand the impact of malaria on local communities and the challenges of fighting malaria in a high-burden country.
(Registered 03 August 2018
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from