A selection of Catherine West's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Catherine West’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Catherine West’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, what discussions he has had with the (a) Prime Minister and (b) Home Secretary on the UK's participation in Europol after the UK has left the EU.
To ask the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, if he will consider the merits of including (a) the Mayor of London and (b) Members of the London Assembly at the next Joint Ministerial Committee meeting with the devolved administrations.
To ask the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, what recent assessment he has made of the adequacy of staffing levels of his Department.
More of Catherine West’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Hornsey and Wood Green
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Catherine West campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Department for Exiting the European Union
- Home Office
- Unmanned Air Vehicles
- Modern Greek Language: Qualifications
- Royal Bank of Scotland: Closures
- Syria: Military Intervention
- Refugees: Children
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (18 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Catherine West’s speeches
- Has received answers to 553 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.95% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 123 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 65 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
Name of donor: Justice for Colombia
Address of donor: 4th Floor, 75-77 St John
street, London EC1M 4NN
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights and accommodation with a value of £2,900
Destination of visit: Colombia
Dates of visit: 26 November - 3 December 2016
Purpose of visit: To support the Colombian peace process.
(Registered 06 December 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from