Alison Thewliss campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Alison Thewliss’s voting in Parliament
Alison Thewliss is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Alison Thewliss’s votes.
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alison Thewliss’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alison Thewliss’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alison Thewliss has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Feeding Products for Babies and Children (Advertising and Promotion) Bill - 2nd reading – Alison Thewliss.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many enforced removals of failed asylum seekers were conducted in (a) Scotland, (b) England, (c) Wales and (d) Northern Ireland in each month since January 2016.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many people are eligible for winter fuel payments in (a) Glasgow Central constituency, (b) Glasgow and (c) Scotland.
More of Alison Thewliss’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Glasgow Central
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Office
- HM Treasury
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Cabinet Office
- Sanitary Protection: VAT
- Deportation: Yemen
- Social Security Benefits: Children
- Asylum: Yemen
- Young People: Pay
Currently held offices
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (since 13 Jul 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Cities) (since 20 May 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 106 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Alison Thewliss’s speeches
- Has received answers to 170 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.01% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 77 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alison Thewliss’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 102 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from