Alison Thewliss’s voting in Parliament
Alison Thewliss is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a random selection of Alison Thewliss’s votes.
Voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, between 2016–2021.
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016.
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
13 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2022.
Voted a mixture of for and against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2016–2020.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016.
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2016–2020.
Last updated: 18 May 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alison Thewliss’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alison Thewliss’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alison Thewliss has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Can the Secretary of State tell us what role the RAF base in Cyprus is currently playing in this situation? Is any military matériel being moved through that base?
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many allowed (a) entry clearance and (b) in-country appeal decisions are awaiting implementation as of 29 November 2023.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, if he will make an assessment of the number of ARAP applications from former members of the (a) Afghan Territorial Force 444 and (b) Commando Force 333 units that have been approved since the scheme opened.
More of Alison Thewliss’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Glasgow Central
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Alison Thewliss campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Members: Correspondence
- Social Security Benefits: Children
- Jobcentres: Glasgow
- Infant Foods
- Sanitary Protection: VAT
Currently held offices
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (since 28 Mar 2023)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (since 12 Dec 2022)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Economic Crime and Corporate Transparency Bill Committee (19 Oct 2022 to 29 Nov 2022)
- Member, Treasury Sub-Committee on Financial Services Regulations (20 Jun 2022 to 16 Jan 2023)
- Member, Treasury Committee Sub-Committee on Financial Services Regulations (20 Jun 2022 to 20 Jun 2022)
- Member, Finance (No.2) Bill Committee ( 8 Dec 2021 to 11 Jan 2022)
- Member, Treasury Committee ( 2 Mar 2020 to 16 Jan 2023)
- Member, Treasury Committee (10 Jun 2019 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Draft Registration of Overseas Entities Bill (Joint) Committee (19 Feb 2019 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Housing, Communities and Local Government) ( 1 Jul 2018 to 7 Jan 2020)
- Member, Procedure Committee (20 Nov 2017 to 24 Jun 2019)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Treasury) (20 Jun 2017 to 12 Dec 2022)
- Member, Levelling Up, Housing and Communities Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Cities) (20 May 2015 to 1 Jul 2018)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Nov 2023.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Lawn Tennis Association Ltd
Address of donor: National Tennis Centre, 100 Priory Lane, Roehampton, London SW15 5JQ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Tickets with hospitality for me and a staff member for the Billie Jean Cup tennis finals in the Emirates Arena
in Glasgow on (£389.23 per person), total value £778.46
Date received: 12 November 2022
Date accepted: 12 November 2022
Donor status: company, registration 07459469
(Registered 09 January 2023)
From 8 January 2020, Chair of Clyde Gateway URC
Board. (Registered 09 January 2020)
From 13 August 2020, Honorary Vice President, Energy Action Scotland. This is an unpaid post. (Registered 15 October 2020)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)