Alison Thewliss’s voting in Parliament
Alison Thewliss is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Alison Thewliss’s votes.
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 20 votes against, 3 absences, between 2015–2016
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alison Thewliss’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alison Thewliss’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alison Thewliss has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
Supervised Drug Consumption Facilities Bill - 2nd reading – Alison Thewliss.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what assessment he has made of the adequacy of access to EU dialysis services for people travelling abroad after the UK has left the EU; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, whether his Department plans to bring forward legislative proposals to restrict advertising of in-play sports betting; and if he will make a statement.
More of Alison Thewliss’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Glasgow Central
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Alison Thewliss campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- HM Treasury
- Department of Health
- Cabinet Office
- Social Security Benefits: Children
- Sanitary Protection: VAT
- Visas: New Businesses
- Members: Correspondence
- Deportation: Yemen
Currently held offices
- Member, Procedure Committee (since 20 Nov 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Treasury) (since 20 Jun 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Cities) (since 20 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 158 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Alison Thewliss’s speeches
- Has received answers to 103 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 74 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alison Thewliss’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 197 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from