Alison Thewliss’s voting in Parliament
Alison Thewliss is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Alison Thewliss’s votes.
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
42 votes for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2016–2018
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alison Thewliss’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alison Thewliss’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alison Thewliss has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, how many companies have been found to have registered at Companies House using inaccurate information in each of the last five years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps he is taking to ensure the safety of infant formula.
I am grateful to the Government for giving us this debate, because it has given me the opportunity to wear this skirt, which I had given up wearing after my colleagues reckoned that it was a Unionist skirt and that I should not take it out of the wardrobe anymore. I am very disappointed that the hon. Member for Edinburgh South (Ian Murray) is not here in his suit, so that we could be...
More of Alison Thewliss’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Glasgow Central
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Alison Thewliss campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Home Office
- HM Treasury
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Social Security Benefits: Children
- Jobcentres: Glasgow
- Infant Foods
- Sanitary Protection: VAT
- Visas: New Businesses
Currently held offices
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Housing, Communities and Local Government) (since 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Procedure Committee (since 20 Nov 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Treasury) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Cities) (20 May 2015 to 1 Jul 2018)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 165 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Alison Thewliss’s speeches
- Has received answers to 123 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.14% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 77 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alison Thewliss’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 219 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from