Alison Thewliss’s voting in Parliament
Alison Thewliss is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Alison Thewliss’s votes.
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 20 votes against, 3 absences, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alison Thewliss’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alison Thewliss’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 19 Apr 2017
I would like to take this opportunity to extend my sympathies and those of the SNP to those who have been affected by the Grenfell Tower tragedy and those who face worry as they wonder about their accommodation tonight. I am glad to see the proposal to give funds to local charities, which is very welcome, but I would like to ask a few more questions on the statement. First, will there be...
The Secretary of State for Scotland is not in his place—no doubt he is off somewhere polishing his brass neck—so I will have to tell the First Secretary of State that the city deals arranged in Scotland have come at a cost to local government and the Scottish Government. The UK Government are paying only £678 million, whereas the Scottish Government and local government in...
More of Alison Thewliss’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Glasgow Central
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Alison Thewliss campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- HM Treasury
- Department of Health
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Sanitary Protection: VAT
- Social Security Benefits: Children
- Deportation: Yemen
- Asylum: Yemen
- Members: Correspondence
Currently held offices
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Treasury) (since 20 Jun 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Cities) (since 20 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 97 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Alison Thewliss’s speeches
- Has received answers to 214 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 74 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alison Thewliss’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 118 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from