Alison Thewliss’s voting in Parliament
Alison Thewliss is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Alison Thewliss’s votes.
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 20 votes against, 3 absences, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
45 votes for, 4 votes against, 6 absences, between 2016–2018
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alison Thewliss’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alison Thewliss’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alison Thewliss has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Supervised Drug Consumption Facilities Bill - 2nd reading – Alison Thewliss.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what estimate has been made of potential additional CO2 emissions created as a result of increased trade with countries outside of the EU.
My hon. Friend the Member for Central Ayrshire (Dr Whitford) has had to tend to some people who were taken ill in the voting Lobbies because they were crushed, cramped and hot, particularly in summer; they are certainly no place for babies or pregnant women. Does the hon. Gentleman agree that that is completely inadequate?
More of Alison Thewliss’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Glasgow Central
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Alison Thewliss campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Home Office
- HM Treasury
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Social Security Benefits: Children
- Jobcentres: Glasgow
- Infant Foods
- Sanitary Protection: VAT
- Visas: New Businesses
Currently held offices
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Housing, Communities and Local Government) (since 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Procedure Committee (since 20 Nov 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Treasury) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Cities) (20 May 2015 to 1 Jul 2018)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 165 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Alison Thewliss’s speeches
- Has received answers to 141 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.22% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 78 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alison Thewliss’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 229 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from