A selection of Neil Coyle's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 21 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2016
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2016–2017
We have lots more plain English analysis of Neil Coyle’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Neil Coyle’s full vote analysis page for more.
Where’s the £350 million?
I am helping families across Southwark who have been denied access to justice as a direct result of the coalition’s legal aid cuts. Three years ago, the Children’s Commissioner said that those cuts were undermining human rights. Was the former Liberal Democrat Justice Minister speaking for the Government when he promised a review and did he break that promise in not delivering it,...
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many people receiving disability living allowance have been reassessed for personal independence payments in the (a) 16 to 24, (b) 25 to 39, (c) 40 to 54 and (d) 55 to 64 age range.
More of Neil Coyle’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Bermondsey and Old Southwark
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Neil Coyle campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Home Office
- Department for Transport
- Personal Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Access to Work Programme
- Nurses: Training
- Knives: Crime
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (1 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Neil Coyle’s speeches
- Has received answers to 116 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.95% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 112 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 32 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from