Neil Coyle’s voting in Parliament
Neil Coyle is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Neil Coyle sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Neil Coyle generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Neil Coyle’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Neil Coyle’s full vote analysis page for more.
Neil Coyle has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, whether his Department has made an assessment of the effect on disabled full-time students of the introduction of universal credit.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what the average difference is in points awarded at initial assessment and on appeal for those who claim personal independence payment following an appeal.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, if the Grenfell public enquiry will give due regard to the needs of disabled people and make recommendations on their protection and means of escape in case of fire.
More of Neil Coyle’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bermondsey and Old Southwark
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Neil Coyle campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Home Office
- Department for Education
- Personal Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Access to Work Programme
- Nurses: Training
- Knives: Crime
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (1 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Neil Coyle’s speeches
- Has received answers to 104 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 115 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Neil Coyle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 33 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from