Neil Coyle’s voting in Parliament
Neil Coyle is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Neil Coyle’s votes.
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
47 votes for, 4 votes against, 4 absences, between 2016–2018
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 21 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Neil Coyle’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Neil Coyle’s full vote analysis page for more.
Neil Coyle has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
The Secretary of State says that he is talking to other investors in UK nuclear. Will he name which alternative companies he and the Department have approached since Toshiba’s decision, and will he follow up on the exploration by my hon. Friend the Member for Workington (Sue Hayman) of a positive intervention by CGN—China General Nuclear Power Group—to prevent the loss of...
More of Neil Coyle’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bermondsey and Old Southwark
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Neil Coyle campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Home Office
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Ministry of Housing
- Communities and Local Government
- Personal Independence Payment
- Universal Credit
- Attendance Allowance
- Employment: Disability
- Personal Independence Payment: Appeals
Currently held offices
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (1 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Neil Coyle’s speeches
- Has received answers to 129 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 83.98% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 121 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Neil Coyle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 46 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from