Neil Coyle’s voting in Parliament
Neil Coyle is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Neil Coyle sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Neil Coyle generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Neil Coyle’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Neil Coyle’s full vote analysis page for more.
Neil Coyle has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what estimate his Department has made of the cumulative cost to date of the personal independence payments assessment programme on the NHS budget.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how his Department plans to ensure that defibrillators are promoted by health and wellbeing boards.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what estimate her Department has made of the cost of additional staff resources at a departmental and agency level required by changes in travel restrictions after the UK leaves the EU.
More of Neil Coyle’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bermondsey and Old Southwark
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Neil Coyle campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Home Office
- Department for Transport
- Personal Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Access to Work Programme
- Nurses: Training
- Knives: Crime
Currently held offices
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (since 1 Feb 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Neil Coyle’s speeches
- Has received answers to 126 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.44% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 115 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Neil Coyle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 32 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from