George Kerevan’s voting in Parliament
George Kerevan is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of George Kerevan’s votes.
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of George Kerevan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit George Kerevan’s full vote analysis page for more.
George Kerevan has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
Will the Minister give way?
My East Lothian constituency was the first in Scotland to implement the full service roll-out. Has my hon. Friend had the same experience as us that because so many clients either lack access to IT equipment or are inexperienced at using it, they have to seek help from the citizens advice bureau, local library staff or local social security staff? That has the result that full service...
This was a dull Budget, although I do not necessarily say that as a criticism, because it was meant to be dull. The Chancellor did most of his heavy lifting in the autumn statement, in which he amassed a war chest by borrowing more than £120 billion. The criticism of the Budget is that rather than using that war chest now to raise productivity and improve education, he has put it aside...
More of George Kerevan’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for East Lothian
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
George Kerevan campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- HM Treasury
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Horse Racing: Betting
- Cyprus: Military Bases
- Iraq: Military Intervention
- Nimrod Aircraft
Currently held offices
- Member, Treasury Committee (since 8 Jul 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 66 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all George Kerevan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 13 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.42% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 55 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on George Kerevan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 95 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Weekly column for Newsquest (Herald and Times) Ltd, 200 Renfield Street, Glasgow G2 3QB. Paid £600 per month, until further notice. Hours: 8 hrs per month. (Registered 03 June 2015
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Angela Wrapson, as Personal Assistant. (Registered 19 January 2016
10. Family members engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from