A selection of George Kerevan's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 19 votes against, 4 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
We have lots more plain English analysis of George Kerevan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit George Kerevan’s full vote analysis page for more.
What assessment he has made of the potential effect of provisions of the great repeal Bill on Wales’s devolved competences.
Accepting the Minister’s request to be positive, may I ask him whether he agrees that the best way forward for Welsh and Scottish farmers is for the responsibility for financial subsidy arrangements to be transferred to the Welsh and Scottish Assemblies post-Brexit?
With your indulgence, Sir David, I thought that this might be an appropriate moment to pay tribute to the outgoing right hon. Member for Chichester (Mr Tyrie), the Chair of the Treasury Committee, which has paid a lot of attention to making tax digital. There could be no more fitting tribute to the right hon. Gentleman leaving this House than the Government withdrawing the making tax digital...
More of George Kerevan’s recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for East Lothian
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
George Kerevan campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- HM Treasury
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Horse Racing: Betting
- Cyprus: Military Bases
- Iraq: Military Intervention
- Nimrod Aircraft
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Treasury Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 66 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all George Kerevan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 11 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.67% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 38 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 108 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Weekly column for Newsquest (Herald and Times) Ltd, 200 Renfield Street, Glasgow G2 3QB. Paid £600 per month, until further notice. Hours: 8 hrs per month. (Registered 03 June 2015
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Angela Wrapson, as Personal Assistant. (Registered 19 January 2016
10. Family members engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from