Oliver Dowden’s voting in Parliament
Oliver Dowden is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Oliver Dowden sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Oliver Dowden voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Oliver Dowden’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Oliver Dowden’s full vote analysis page for more.
Oliver Dowden has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
Departments are required to publish each month their total workforce costs on gov.uk. These are available on GOV.UK https://www.gov.uk/government/policies/government-transparen cy-and-accountability?keywords=workforce+management+informat ion&public_timestamp%5Bfrom%5D=&public_timestamp%5Bt o%5D=
Apprenticeships in Cabinet Office can be started at levels intermediate, advanced, higher and degree. Overall apprenticeship starts in the Cabinet Office in England were as follows in each of the last three years. Total Intermediate Advanced Higher Degree % of workforce April 2015 – March 2016 55 Data not available 2.5% April 2016 – March 2017 53...
The Cabinet Office utilises contingent labour to supply specialist skills and capability not readily available within the Civil Service. As at 22nd May 2018 the breakdown of contingent labour contracted in the Cabinet Office, by length of contract is detailed below. (a) up to one year (b) between one and five years (c) between five and 10 years (d) over 10 years 627 420 0 0 ...
More of Oliver Dowden’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Hertsmere
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Oliver Dowden campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department of Health
- Department for Transport
- Home Office
- Railways: Elstree
- Railways: Radlett
- Green Belt
- Shops: Wheelchairs
- Kamal Foroughi
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Secretary, Cabinet Office (since 9 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Petitions Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Oliver Dowden’s speeches
- Has received answers to 18 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.15% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Oliver Dowden’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 84 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Jun 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
From 22 July 2015
until 9 January 2018
, adviser to Caxton Europe Asset Management Ltd. I provided ad hoc advice and analysis on UK
and international policy and political developments and was paid £2,500 gross every month for an expected commitment of 8-10 hours. (Registered 23 July 2015; updated 12 January 2018)
From 1 July 2017 until 9 January 2018, adviser to the Association of Independent Professionals and the Self Employed (IPSE
), Heron House, 10 Dean Farrar St, London SW1H 0DX. I provided ad hoc advice, particularly on policy and political issues and was paid £1,500 gross every month for an expected commitment of 8-10 hours. (Registered 12 July 2017; updated 12 January 2018)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Sir Mike Davis
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: individual
(Registered 05 July 2017)
Name of donor: South Hertfordshire Business Club
Address of donor: 10, John Maxwell Building, Elstree Studios, Shenley Road, Borehamwood WD16 1JG
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £15,000 donated to my constituency
Donor status: unincorporated association
(Registered 21 March 2018
From 7 July 2016
until 9 January 2018, a trustee to Law Family Education Trust (unpaid). (Registered 29 July 2017; updated 12 January 2018)
From 7 July 2016, a patron of the Peace Hospice, Watford (unpaid). (Registered 29 July 2016)
From 7 July 2016 until 9 January 2018, a member of the Board of the Japan 21st Century Group (unpaid). (Registered 29 July 2017; updated 17 January 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from