Oliver Dowden’s voting in Parliament
Oliver Dowden is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Oliver Dowden sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Oliver Dowden consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Oliver Dowden’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Oliver Dowden’s full vote analysis page for more.
Oliver Dowden has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
Does my right hon. Friend agree that we owe the British overseas territories a special duty of care and that when it comes to long-term reconstruction DFID should be prioritising the interests of those territories, which previous Governments have failed to do?
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what discussions he has had with his Iranian counterpart on ensuring that Mr Kamal Foroughi is allowed to receive social and humanitarian visitors in Evin Prison.
I should also highlight Thamestink, which is the campaign group in my constituency. I would be grateful if the Minister could extend the invitation to that group as well.
More of Oliver Dowden’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Hertsmere
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Oliver Dowden campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Transport
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Railways: Elstree
- Railways: Radlett
- Green Belt
- Mental Health Services: Children and Young People
- Kamal Foroughi
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Petitions Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Oliver Dowden’s speeches
- Has received answers to 12 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 62 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Oliver Dowden’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 44 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
From 22 July 2015
, adviser to Caxton Europe Asset Management Ltd. I expect to provide ad hoc advice and analysis on UK
and international policy and political developments and to be paid £2,500 gross every month for an expected commitment of 8-10 hours. (Registered 23 July 2015)
From 1 July 2017
to 30 June 2018
, adviser to the Association of Independent Professionals and the Self Employed (IPSE
), Heron House, 10 Dean Farrar St, London SW1H 0DX. I will provide ad hoc advice, particularly on policy and political issues. Paid £1,500 gross every month for an expected commitment of 8-10 hours. (Registered 12 July 2017)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Sir Mike Davis
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: individual
(Registered 05 July 2017)
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: Indian High Commission
Address of donor: India House, Aldwych, London WC2B 4NA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): flights costing £2,500; accommodation and hospitality valued at £1,500; £4,000 in total
Destination of visit: New Delhi
Dates of visit: 12-18 February 2017
Purpose of visit: Indo-British APPG
familiarisation visit to India. To develop understanding of Indian policy aims and meet key decision makers in the Indian government and business.
(Registered 06 March 2017
From 7 July 2016
, a trustee to Law Family Education Trust (unpaid). (Registered 29 July 2016)
From 7 July 2016, a patron of the Peace Hospice, Watford (unpaid). (Registered 29 July 2016)
7 July 2016, a member of the Board of the Japan 21st Century Group (unpaid). (Registered 29 July 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from