Stewart McDonald’s voting in Parliament
Stewart McDonald is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Stewart McDonald’s votes.
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 20 votes against, 3 absences, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stewart McDonald’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stewart McDonald’s full vote analysis page for more.
Stewart McDonald has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
The hon. Gentleman talks about modernisation—I cannot believe what I am hearing. This is a closure. We were never asked about modernisation, co-location or anything else—that has all come from us. The Government are proposing closures, nothing else.
Is the hon. Gentleman in favour of the closures or against them? I am unclear.
Of course not!
More of Stewart McDonald’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Glasgow South
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Stewart McDonald campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Transport
- Home Office
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Jobcentres: Glasgow
- High Speed 2 Railway Line: Scotland
- Immigration: EU Nationals
Currently held offices
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Defence) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Transport Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 62 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Stewart McDonald’s speeches
- Has received answers to 74 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 94 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stewart McDonald’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 73 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from