A selection of Stewart McDonald's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 20 votes against, 3 absences, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stewart McDonald’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stewart McDonald’s full vote analysis page for more.
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. It is not related to the previous point of order.
Breaking with all convention, I think this actually is a point of order, Mr Speaker. The crux of my question to the Leader of the House concerned Government announcements and purdah. I have no idea whether there will be an announcement on which jobcentres they intend to close. Could you advise me, Mr Speaker? Is there anything to stop the Government making that announcement between now and...
It is good to follow our answer to Arthur Scargill, Mr Speaker—with a bit of Glasgow finesse no less. It has been some two years since I was elected to this Parliament. I have to say that at the start of it I did not think that, two years in, we would have left the European Union and I would be on my second Prime Minister. Hopefully, in a few weeks’ time, I will be on my third...
More of Stewart McDonald’s recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for Glasgow South
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Stewart McDonald campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Transport
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Scotland Office
- Jobcentres: Glasgow
- High Speed 2 Railway Line: Scotland
- Motor Vehicles: Exhaust Emissions
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Transport Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 62 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Stewart McDonald’s speeches
- Has received answers to 74 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 59.31% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 93 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 64 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from