Stewart McDonald’s voting in Parliament
Stewart McDonald is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Stewart McDonald’s votes.
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stewart McDonald’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stewart McDonald’s full vote analysis page for more.
Stewart McDonald has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what recent discussions she has had with the Scottish Government on celebrating the bicentenary of the architect Alexander Thomson.
I will keep you on my Christmas card list for now, Mr Speaker. I of course commend the Secretary of State for acting on the security information he has been given. However, I have been contacted by a constituent, Dr Ahmed Khan, who has previously experienced some unpleasant behaviour at airports when he has been travelling. Will the Secretary of State give an assurance to my constituent and...
Will the Minister give way?
More of Stewart McDonald’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Glasgow South
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Stewart McDonald campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Transport
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Scotland Office
- Jobcentres: Glasgow
- High Speed 2 Railway Line: Scotland
- Motor Vehicles: Exhaust Emissions
Currently held offices
- Member, Transport Committee (since 8 Jul 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 66 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Stewart McDonald’s speeches
- Has received answers to 87 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 60.44% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 92 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stewart McDonald’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 62 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from