Stewart McDonald’s voting in Parliament
Stewart McDonald is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Stewart McDonald’s votes.
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stewart McDonald’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stewart McDonald’s full vote analysis page for more.
Stewart McDonald has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 20 Dec 2017
Does the hon. Gentleman intend to talk the Bill out?
I think I know the report to which the hon. Gentleman refers, but a subsequent report adumbrates that about £3 billion is lost in wages every year.
The hon. Gentleman knows about other instruments that exist for employers, and someone’s skills can be tested. If he applies to work at my coffee shop and I ask him to prove that he can make a cappuccino, he will do what he has to do, and I will be satisfied with that. I do not need to put him on a shift with the rest of my staff and have him working alongside other colleagues, serving...
More of Stewart McDonald’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Glasgow South
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Stewart McDonald campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Transport
- Home Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Ministry of Defence
- Jobcentres: Glasgow
- Immigration: EU Nationals
- High Speed 2 Railway Line: Scotland
Currently held offices
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Defence) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Transport Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 57 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Stewart McDonald’s speeches
- Has received answers to 32 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.93% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 89 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stewart McDonald’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 109 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from