Colleen Fletcher’s voting in Parliament
Colleen Fletcher is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Colleen Fletcher’s votes.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
18 votes for, 9 votes against, 12 absences, between 2017–2018
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2016–2018
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Colleen Fletcher’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Colleen Fletcher’s full vote analysis page for more.
Colleen Fletcher has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
What recent assessment he has made of trends in the level of homelessness.
In December 2010, there were 22 homeless households in temporary accommodation in Coventry; in December last year, there was a massive 278 homeless households in the city, of which 210 were families with children, with a total of 505 children between them. Why does the Secretary of State think that the number of homeless children has risen so significantly under this Government?
What steps he is taking to support the automotive industry.
More of Colleen Fletcher’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Coventry North East
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Colleen Fletcher campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Ministry of Justice
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Education
- Home Office
- Social Security Benefits: Appeals
- In Vitro Fertilisation
- Eating Disorders
- Personal Independence Payment: Appeals
- Health Services
Currently held offices
- Member, Administration Committee (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (since 19 Jul 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Colleen Fletcher’s speeches
- Has received answers to 34 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 79.68% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 60 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Colleen Fletcher’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 23 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from