Philippa Whitford’s voting in Parliament
Philippa Whitford is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Philippa Whitford’s votes.
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
30 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 2016–2017
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
We have lots more plain English analysis of Philippa Whitford’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Philippa Whitford’s full vote analysis page for more.
Philippa Whitford has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 20 Dec 2017
Effect of Welfare Reform and Work Act 2016 – Philippa Whitford.
If these children have been accepted as refugees, does the hon. Gentleman not see that the cost to the Government, local government and everyone else in their future years will be less if they are part of a family and have a successful life and a successful settlement, and are not left here as orphans?
Will the hon. Gentleman give way?
More of Philippa Whitford’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Central Ayrshire
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Philippa Whitford campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department of Health
- Home Office
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Education
- Post Office Card Account
- Universal Credit
- Immigration: EU Nationals
- Dental Services: Children
- Universal Credit: Payments
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Health) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Health) (20 May 2015 to 20 Jun 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 65 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Philippa Whitford’s speeches
- Has received answers to 83 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 50 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Philippa Whitford’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 214 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Mar 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Locum Consultant Breast Cancer Surgeon for Ayrshire & Arran Health Board, Eglinton House, Ailsa Hospital, Dalmellington Road, Ayr KA6 6AB. (Registered 08 December 2015
Name of donor: Medical Aid for Palestinians
Address of donor: 33a Islington Park Street, London N1 1QB
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): accommodation, transport, food, permits and insurance with a total value of £2,561
Destination of visit: Palestine
Dates of visit: 16-28 September 2017
Purpose of visit: Project aims to address some of the problems, barriers to Palestinians’ right to health under occupation and blockade, the significant challenges which Palestinian women – particularly in Gaza – face to accessing diagnosis and treatment for breast cancer.
(Registered 18 December 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from