Philippa Whitford’s voting in Parliament
Philippa Whitford is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Philippa Whitford’s votes.
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
20 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Philippa Whitford’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Philippa Whitford’s full vote analysis page for more.
Philippa Whitford has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
Universal Credit (Application, Advice and Assistance) – Philippa Whitford.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, whether his Department has made an assessment of the potential for industrial growth in the space industry comparing (a) the simple provision of Spaceport services to overseas launch companies and (b) the additional inclusion of an indigenous Launch manufacturing industry.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, how many indigenous launch companies were successful in the most recent development grant funding round for a satellite launch programme and spaceport.
More of Philippa Whitford’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Central Ayrshire
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Philippa Whitford campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Education
- Home Office
- HM Treasury
- Post Office Card Account
- Dental Services: Children
- Universal Credit
- Jobcentres: Closures
- Personal Independence Payment
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Health) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Health Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Health) (20 May 2015 to 20 Jun 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 69 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Philippa Whitford’s speeches
- Has received answers to 67 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Philippa Whitford’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 194 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from