Melanie Onn campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Melanie Onn’s voting in Parliament
Melanie Onn is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Melanie Onn sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Melanie Onn generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Melanie Onn’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Melanie Onn’s full vote analysis page for more.
Melanie Onn has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Workers' Rights (Maintenance of EU Standards) Bill - 2nd reading – Melanie Onn.
I appreciate what my hon. Friend is saying about learning to let go and give power back to local authorities, but what about those that, because of the cuts, are finding it so difficult to operate that they are considering merging? Does he think that that will impact on the future operations of local authorities?
It is a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Cannock Chase (Amanda Milling). This is an especially timely debate, because it comes just after the Prime Minister spoke to my local paper, the Grimsby Telegraph, about planned funding for North East Lincolnshire Council. When she was asked how the Government’s cuts to some of the least well-off areas of the country squared with her...
More of Melanie Onn’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Great Grimsby
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- HM Treasury
- Children: Day Care
- Fisheries: Iceland
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Government Departments: Billing
- Congenital Abnormalities
Currently held offices
- Member, Procedure Committee (since 31 Oct 2016)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (since 31 Oct 2016)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (since 9 Nov 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (18 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 65 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Melanie Onn’s speeches
- Has received answers to 80 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.25% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 37 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Melanie Onn’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 59 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from