Melanie Onn’s voting in Parliament
Melanie Onn is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Melanie Onn sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Melanie Onn generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Melanie Onn’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Melanie Onn’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 19 Apr 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what effect NHS England funding changes have had on eating disorder nursing provision in the last 12 months.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment he has made of the effect of changes to Community Support Services on readmission rates to special eating disorder units.
More of Melanie Onn’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Great Grimsby
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Melanie Onn campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Education
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Children: Day Care
- Fisheries: Iceland
- In Vitro Fertilisation
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (18 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Melanie Onn’s speeches
- Has received answers to 89 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 38 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Melanie Onn’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 66 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from