Melanie Onn’s voting in Parliament
Melanie Onn is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Melanie Onn sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Melanie Onn generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Melanie Onn’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Melanie Onn’s full vote analysis page for more.
Melanie Onn has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps he is taking to (a) secure appointments and (b) provide additional support in other ways to the 111 patients in Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Trust areas whose referrals were missed off waiting lists in 2016.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, for what reason NHS England does not refer patients to Navigo's specialist eating disorder unit Rharian Fields in Great Grimsby.
More of Melanie Onn’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Great Grimsby
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Melanie Onn campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Education
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- HM Treasury
- Children: Day Care
- Fisheries: Iceland
- In Vitro Fertilisation
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Government Departments: Billing
Currently held offices
- Member, Procedure Committee (since 31 Oct 2016)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (since 31 Oct 2016)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (since 9 Nov 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (18 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 59 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Melanie Onn’s speeches
- Has received answers to 78 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.38% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 38 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Melanie Onn’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 65 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from