Phil Boswell’s voting in Parliament
Phil Boswell is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Phil Boswell’s votes.
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
17 votes for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2016–2017
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Phil Boswell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Phil Boswell’s full vote analysis page for more.
Phil Boswell has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Walker. I thank my hon. Friend the Member for Glasgow South West (Chris Stephens) for securing the debate, and all right hon. and hon. Members who contributed. It is vital that we stand up for workers’ rights in these times of austerity. It is critical that the Government engage with unions in a meaningful way and include them in...
I congratulate the hon. Lady on bringing this critical issue to the House and I fully support the report. I declare an interest as the patron of Chris’s House, a centre for help, response and, critically, intervention on suicide, and the first 24-hour interventionist suicide support service in Scotland. We set up the centre to offer a safe environment in which people in crisis may have...
I proudly share the mining heritage of the hon. Member for Stoke-on-Trent Central (Gareth Snell), who is no longer in his place. Although I might not agree with quite everything he says, I commend him for his passionate and quite excellent speech, and for his extremely kind and honest words about his predecessor. Stoke-on-Trent certainly has a new champion, and we on these Benches wish him...
More of Phil Boswell’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Coatbridge, Chryston and Bellshill
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Phil Boswell campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- HM Treasury
- Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority
- Cabinet Office
- Work Programme
- Personal Independence Payment
- Social Mobility
- Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority: Performance Standards
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (since 15 Nov 2016)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 12 Sep 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Phil Boswell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 71 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.93% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Phil Boswell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 46 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
Name of donor: US
Mission to NATO
Address of donor: c/o US Embassy, 24 Grosvenor Square, London W1A 2LQ
Amount of donation: Airfares, local travel, food and accommodation, with a total value of £1,226.29
Destination of visit: Belgium
Date of visit: 30 May - 1 June 2016
Purpose of visit: Defence study visit to NATO headquarters in Brussels and SHAPE
headquarters in Mons.
(Registered 07 June 2016)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Boswell and Johnston Ltd; a company which employed me. The company ceased trading in 2011. This payment is a late entry to which the rectification procedure was applied on 24 March 2016. Paragraph 16 of Chapter 4 of the 2015 Guide to the Rules refers. (Registered 16 December 2015)
I benefit from an interest-free loan of £18,308.82, made by Hyrax Resourcing and now repayable on demand. (Registered 05 June 2015
A trustee of the Albion Rovers Community Trust, a charity devoted to the advancement of inclusion, equality and fairness among citizens within the community. (Registered 05 October 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from