Thank you, Mr Speaker. I should declare an interest, as I sit on both the Public Accounts Committee and the Commission itself. Further to the question of the hon. Member for South East Cornwall (Mrs Murray), I asked the Comptroller and Auditor General of the National Audit Office what concerns he had about the additional workload on his Department as a result of Brexit. He has many concerns,...
I congratulate my hon. Friend on bringing this debate to the House. Does she agree that improvements need to be made to diminish further the ways in which former partners can manipulate and use the system as a weapon of abuse and control? That was the case with one of my constituents, who, as my hon. Friend clearly states is happening commonly, had to prove her ex-partner’s financial status.
Having recently come from a Public Accounts Committee sitting on care for people with learning disabilities, may I ask whether the Prime Minister can tell us when the national health service will start receiving its extra £350 million a week?
More of Phil Boswell’s recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for Coatbridge, Chryston and Bellshill
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Phil Boswell campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- HM Treasury
- Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority
- Cabinet Office
- Work Programme
- Personal Independence Payment
- Social Mobility
- Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority: Performance Standards
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (15 Nov 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Sep 2016 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Phil Boswell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 65 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 41 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 46 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
Name of donor: US
Mission to NATO
Address of donor: c/o US Embassy, 24 Grosvenor Square, London W1A 2LQ
Amount of donation: Airfares, local travel, food and accommodation, with a total value of £1,226.29
Destination of visit: Belgium
Date of visit: 30 May - 1 June 2016
Purpose of visit: Defence study visit to NATO headquarters in Brussels and SHAPE
headquarters in Mons.
(Registered 07 June 2016)
I benefit from an interest-free loan of £18,308.82, made by Hyrax Resourcing and now repayable on demand. (Registered 05 June 2015
A trustee of the Albion Rovers Community Trust, a charity devoted to the advancement of inclusion, equality and fairness among citizens within the community. (Registered 05 October 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from