Anna Turley’s voting in Parliament
Anna Turley is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
This is a selection of Anna Turley’s votes.
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 21 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
23 votes for, 9 votes against, 22 absences, between 2017–2018
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anna Turley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anna Turley’s full vote analysis page for more.
Anna Turley has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 18 Jul 2018
Yemen 11 Sep 2018
The right hon. Gentleman is being generous with his time and is making some powerful points. Will he join me in urging our Government to support the UN High Commissioner for Human rights, who said last week: “It is crucial that there be…international and independent investigations into all allegations of violations of international humanitarian law”? We know that such...
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what steps is he taking to support research and development for large-scale hydrogen conversion projects.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what steps he is taking to ensure that London North Eastern Railway fulfils the commitment made by Virgin Trains East Coast to operate a direct train service between Middlesbrough and London King's Cross; and when the planned start date is for that service.
More of Anna Turley’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Redcar
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Anna Turley campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Department for Transport
- Home Office
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Sahaviriya Steel Industries UK: Redcar
- Cleveland Police Authority
- Congenital Abnormalities
- Social Networking
Currently held offices
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (18 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Anna Turley’s speeches
- Has received answers to 76 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 49.37% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 51 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Anna Turley’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 92 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Sep 2018.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Community Union
Address of donor: 465c Caledonian Road, London N7 9GX
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 25 July 2018
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Club Doncaster
Address of donor: Keepmoat Stadium, Stadium Way, Doncaster DN4 5JW
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Four tickets to Doncaster Rovers
v Oxford United
with hospitality, valued at £360
Date received: 21 April 2018
Date accepted: 21 April 2018
Donor status: company, registration 03739676
(Registered 23 April 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from