Victoria Borwick’s voting in Parliament
Victoria Borwick is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Victoria Borwick sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Victoria Borwick consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Victoria Borwick consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Victoria Borwick’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Victoria Borwick’s full vote analysis page for more.
Victoria Borwick has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
I very much support the ambitions of this Bill. As we have all seen, there have been a number of changes during its passage. I want to be assured by the ministerial team that, notwithstanding those changes, we are monitoring the outcomes of safeguarding for those in residential care and those in boarding schools—not just those sent because of the care system but those who attend. Some...
I thank the Minister. Question put and agreed to. Bill accordingly read the Third time and passed, with amendments.
Before the Secretary of State moves on to aviation, and while we are still talking about vehicles, insurance and safety on the road—I very much welcome his comments about that—may I ask about pedicabs? They are not of course licensed, regulated or insured, and they cause tremendous grief in central London in that they are not seen as safe. Transport for London does not have any...
More of Victoria Borwick’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Kensington
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Victoria Borwick campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Transport
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Pedicabs: Greater London
- General Practitioners: Greater London
- Hepatitis: Greater London
- Holiday Accommodation: Regulation
- Blood: Viral Diseases
Currently held offices
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (since 13 Jul 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Victoria Borwick’s speeches
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 83.52% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 72 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Victoria Borwick’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 22 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Mar 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Until 21 March 2016
, I was a Councillor of the Royal Borough
of Kensington and Chelsea, Town Hall, Hornton Street, London W8 7NX, and received allowances of £10,703 p.a., (£892 monthly). Hours: 6-8 hours per week. (Registered 01 June 2015
; updated 18 April 2016
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Chelsea Arts Club
Address of donor: 143 Old Church Street, London SW3 6EB
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: honorary membership of the Chelsea Arts Club for the duration of my time as an MP
. Annual value in 2016 is £536.
Date received: 15 May 2016
Date accepted: 18 May 2016
Donor status: company, registration 08482665
(Registered 06 June 2016
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Our London home provides facilities for a swimming school: (i) and (ii). (Registered 01 June 2015)
Director and Member of Poore and Second Poore Ltd; holding companies limited by guarantee. (Registered 01 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from