Helen Hayes’s voting in Parliament
Helen Hayes is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Helen Hayes sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Helen Hayes generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Helen Hayes’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Helen Hayes’s full vote analysis page for more.
Helen Hayes has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
Royal Mail delivery office closures – Helen Hayes.
The Secretary of State has made a statement today that acknowledges the depth of the housing crisis and the broken nature of housing supply in the UK. Throughout the passage of the Homelessness Reduction Bill last year, Ministers consistently claimed that they would need to fund the implementation of the Act for only two years, because the Act would solve homelessness within that time. A...
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, if she will publish the latest performance data for the 101 service.
More of Helen Hayes’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Dulwich and West Norwood
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Helen Hayes campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Home Office
- Department for Transport
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Children in Care
- Fertility: Medical Treatments
- Solar Power
- Solar Power: Feed-in Tariffs
Currently held offices
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 45 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Helen Hayes’s speeches
- Has received answers to 111 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.44% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 136 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Helen Hayes’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 67 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from