Helen Hayes’s voting in Parliament
Helen Hayes is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Helen Hayes sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Helen Hayes generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Helen Hayes’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Helen Hayes’s full vote analysis page for more.
Helen Hayes has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
Schools funding in London – Helen Hayes.
What recent assessment the Government have made of the adequacy of the availability of domestic violence refuges for women.
Domestic violence refuges are unique within the supported housing sector because many who need them have to flee a long distance to be safe. By relying solely on local authorities to commission refuge services, the Government are failing to maintain a strategic approach. We are now seeing patchy provision with, for example, the recent closure of the last remaining refuge in Cumbria. Is the...
More of Helen Hayes’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Dulwich and West Norwood
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Helen Hayes campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Department for Transport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Children in Care
- Fertility: Medical Treatments
- Solar Power
- Solar Power: Feed-in Tariffs
- Syria: Armed Conflict
Currently held offices
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (since 13 Jul 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 51 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Helen Hayes’s speeches
- Has received answers to 100 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.65% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 122 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Helen Hayes’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 53 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from