Martyn Day’s voting in Parliament
Martyn Day is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Martyn Day’s votes.
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
20 votes for, 3 votes against, 2 absences, between 2016–2017
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Martyn Day’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Martyn Day’s full vote analysis page for more.
Martyn Day has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
E-petitions 180642 and 168781 relating to a referendum on Scottish independence – Martyn Day.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what plans he has to reduce the drink-drive limit to 50mg.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what steps have been taken since the Westminster Hall debate on faulty electrical imports in March 2016 to review consumer protection against internet sales of faulty or counterfeit mobile telephone chargers, tablets and similar goods.
More of Martyn Day’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Linlithgow and East Falkirk
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Martyn Day campaigned to remain in the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Cabinet Office
- Tobacco: Smuggling
- Revenue and Customs: West Lothian
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit: Dupuytren's Contracture
- Foreign Exchange
- Local Government: Redundancy Pay
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Petitions Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Petitions Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 60 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Martyn Day’s speeches
- Has received answers to 225 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.30% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 68 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Martyn Day’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 53 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from