Martyn Day’s voting in Parliament
Martyn Day is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Martyn Day’s votes.
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 20 votes against, 3 absences, between 2015–2016
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Martyn Day’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Martyn Day’s full vote analysis page for more.
Martyn Day has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 20 Dec 2017
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Hollobone. I am grateful to the hon. Member for Brentwood and Ongar (Alex Burghart) for securing the debate and for his summary of the subject. I agree with him that we have to learn from people with experience of care, and that is happening in Scotland. The Who Cares? Scotland “1000 Voices” manifesto is about a pledge to...
This is a very important issue, especially given that half of mental health problems are established by the age of 14. It is therefore particularly shocking that some children are receiving assistance only after attempting suicide. Claire Murdoch, the national mental health director of NHS England, has stated: “Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services are now improving, but from a...
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Streeter, in this well attended and well informed debate. I am grateful to the hon. Member for Croydon North (Mr Reed) for securing it, and for his clear and detailed summary of the situation. The statistic that he mentioned of one fire every month is alarming, and it certainly focuses the mind. It is essential that everyone has a safe,...
More of Martyn Day’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Linlithgow and East Falkirk
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Martyn Day campaigned to remain in the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Cabinet Office
- Tobacco: Smuggling
- Revenue and Customs: West Lothian
- Personal Independence Payment
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit: Dupuytren's Contracture
- Developing Countries: Education
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (since 16 Nov 2017)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Petitions Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Petitions Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 57 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Martyn Day’s speeches
- Has received answers to 234 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 81.20% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 60 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Martyn Day’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 77 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from