A selection of Martyn Day's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
18 votes for, 3 votes against, 2 absences, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Martyn Day’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Martyn Day’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what assessment she has made of the implications for universities of the Universities UK report, entitled The economic impact of international students, published in March 2017.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what proportion of appeals to the Tribunals Service in Scotland relating to personal independence payments were successful in the latest period for which figures are available.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how many appeals to the Tribunals Service in Scotland related to personal independence payments in the latest period for which figures are available; and what the total cost was of those appeals.
More of Martyn Day’s recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for Linlithgow and East Falkirk
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Martyn Day campaigned to remain in the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Home Office
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Tobacco: Smuggling
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit: Dupuytren's Contracture
- Revenue and Customs: West Lothian
- Prison Service: Pensions
- Welfare Tax Credits: Scotland
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Petitions Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 60 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Martyn Day’s speeches
- Has received answers to 138 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 61.88% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 65 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 45 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from