Martyn Day’s voting in Parliament
Martyn Day is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Martyn Day’s votes.
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Martyn Day’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Martyn Day’s full vote analysis page for more.
Martyn Day has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Clearly, Brexit threatens the loss of reciprocal healthcare arrangements for millions in Scotland and across the UK. As a bottom line, the Scottish National party believes that all current reciprocal health agreements must remain intact, regardless of what form Brexit takes. The Bill is yet another rushed job on the part of the Government. In their panic, they have woken up to the fact that...
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what representations he has made with his Emirati counterpart on the recent allegations of systematic torture and abuse of female prisoners in Abu Dhabi’s al-Watbha jail.
I rise to present a petition from my constituents regarding the universal credit roll-out. While that is still at an early stage in my constituency, it is causing immense distress, as is evidenced by my constituency casework. By far the greatest concern is the reduction in benefits and the lack of income during the assessment period, but that is not the only concern. Many people are reporting...
More of Martyn Day’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Linlithgow and East Falkirk
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Martyn Day campaigned to remain in the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Home Office
- Tobacco: Smuggling
- Immigrants: EU Nationals
- Revenue and Customs: West Lothian
- Personal Independence Payment
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit: Dupuytren's Contracture
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 9 Jul 2018)
- Member, Petitions Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (16 Nov 2017 to 9 Jul 2018)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 9 Jul 2018)
- Member, Petitions Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 56 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Martyn Day’s speeches
- Has received answers to 139 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.53% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Martyn Day’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 104 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 29 Oct 2018.
Name of donor: Goodwin Jewellers PVT
Address of donor: A101 Ankit Chs Opp Kasturi Plaza, Manpada Road, Dombivali East, Maharashtra, India
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Internal flight from Mumbai to Trivandrum and accommodation in Mumbai for myself and my partner, approx. value £650
Destination of visit: Mumbai and Trivandrum, India
Dates of visit: 18-21 August 2018
Purpose of visit: This was accepted as part of a detour on a family holiday, the purpose of which was to discuss, with the donor, other businesses and volunteers, business opportunities within the UK and charitable activities relating to the ongoing Kerala flooding.
(Registered 18 September 2018
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from