Martyn Day’s voting in Parliament
Martyn Day is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Martyn Day’s votes.
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
36 votes for, 3 votes against, 2 absences, between 2016–2018
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Martyn Day’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Martyn Day’s full vote analysis page for more.
Martyn Day has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
What steps he has taken to tackle NHS workforce shortages.
The nursing vacancy rate in England is more than double that in Scotland, with one in 10 positions unfilled. The Royal College of Nursing has welcomed the Scottish Government’s Health And Care (Staffing) (Scotland) Bill, which will enshrine safe staffing levels in law. Will the Minister now follow the Scottish Government’s example and bring such a provision into law for NHS England?
More of Martyn Day’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Linlithgow and East Falkirk
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Martyn Day campaigned to remain in the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Cabinet Office
- Tobacco: Smuggling
- Revenue and Customs: West Lothian
- Personal Independence Payment
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit: Dupuytren's Contracture
- Developing Countries: Education
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (since 16 Nov 2017)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Petitions Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Petitions Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 64 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Martyn Day’s speeches
- Has received answers to 229 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.07% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 59 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Martyn Day’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 85 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from