Douglas Chapman’s voting in Parliament
Douglas Chapman is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Douglas Chapman’s votes.
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 17 votes against, 6 absences, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Douglas Chapman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Douglas Chapman’s full vote analysis page for more.
Douglas Chapman has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
We have Royal Navy Astute-class submarines that are too slow to keep up with US carriers. We have no maritime patrol aircraft and await a contract to be signed. We are waiting for the Type 26 contract to be signed and there is also still no sign of the shipbuilding strategy. At a time when Russian incursions into our waters are at cold war levels, does the Minister agree that it is time for...
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what steps his Department is taking to promote entrepreneurship in disadvantaged communities in Scotland.
More of Douglas Chapman’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Dunfermline and West Fife
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Douglas Chapman campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Scotland Office
- Department for International Trade
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
- Dover House
- European Fighter Aircraft
- Maritime Patrol Aircraft
- RAF Waddington
Currently held offices
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Feb 2016)
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (since 8 Sep 2015)
- Member, Defence Committee (since 6 Jul 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Douglas Chapman’s speeches
- Has received answers to 130 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 56.92% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 74 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Douglas Chapman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 21 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from