Douglas Chapman’s voting in Parliament
Douglas Chapman is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Douglas Chapman’s votes.
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
55 votes for, 5 votes against, 14 absences, between 2017–2019
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 17 votes against, 6 absences, between 2015–2016
Last updated: 4 Sep 2019.
Please share these votes responsibly.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Douglas Chapman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Douglas Chapman’s full vote analysis page for more.
Douglas Chapman has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, if he will promote the Dementia Friend training provided by the Alzheimer’s Society to officials in Government Departments.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what research her Department has commissioned into the effect on human health of ingesting micro- and nano-plastics which have found their way into the food chain.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what assessment his Department has made of the effectiveness of the delivery of data via the Data Hub since the introduction of universal credit.
More of Douglas Chapman’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Dunfermline and West Fife
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Douglas Chapman campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Scotland Office
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
- Dover House
- Children: Maintenance
- European Fighter Aircraft
- HMS Queen Elizabeth
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 9 Jul 2018)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (since 9 Jul 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Defence Procurement & Nuclear Disarmament) (since 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (since 6 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (30 Oct 2017 to 9 Jul 2018)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (26 Oct 2017 to 14 Jan 2019)
- Member, Committee on Standards (26 Oct 2017 to 14 Jan 2019)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Defence Procurement) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (8 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Defence Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)