A selection of Douglas Chapman's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 17 votes against, 6 absences, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Douglas Chapman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Douglas Chapman’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what the baseline increase attributable to currency fluctuations in his Department's budget (a) is for the current and (b) was for previous financial year.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, whether his Department keeps copies of planning documents for forward purchase contracts with the Bank of England.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many contact coupons were distributed by battalion of the Royal Regiment of Scotland in each year since 2014.
More of Douglas Chapman’s recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for Dunfermline and West Fife
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Douglas Chapman campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Scotland Office
- Department for International Trade
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
- Dover House
- European Fighter Aircraft
- Maritime Patrol Aircraft
- Aircraft Carriers
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (8 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Defence Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Douglas Chapman’s speeches
- Has received answers to 147 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 56.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 76 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 23 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from