Douglas Chapman’s voting in Parliament
Douglas Chapman is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Douglas Chapman’s votes.
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 17 votes against, 6 absences, between 2015–2016
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
41 votes for, 2 votes against, 4 absences, between 2015–2018
We have lots more plain English analysis of Douglas Chapman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Douglas Chapman’s full vote analysis page for more.
Douglas Chapman has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Howarth. I start by putting a few things that have happened in the past 48 hours in context, regarding President Trump’s visit and discussions with President Putin. I thought the whole point of playing golf on a quiet Scottish golf course was to clear the mind and think about other things, but President Trump has left us in a much...
I thank the hon. Gentleman for the Committee’s report. He mentioned our exit from the EU, so I wondered how he sees our ability to support long-term security in the western Balkans diminishing. What measures could be taken to help mitigate that loss of influence in this geopolitically important region? Separately, what steps should the Government be taking to give UK business the...
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what the timetable is for the implementation of the air traffic control radar mitigation scheme at RAF Lossiemouth in relation to consented but unbuilt onshore wind farms.
More of Douglas Chapman’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Dunfermline and West Fife
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Douglas Chapman campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Scotland Office
- Department for International Trade
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
- Dover House
- European Fighter Aircraft
- Maritime Patrol Aircraft
- Aircraft Carriers
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 9 Jul 2018)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (since 9 Jul 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Defence Procurement & Nuclear Disarmament) (since 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (since 26 Oct 2017)
- Member, Committee on Standards (since 26 Oct 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (30 Oct 2017 to 9 Jul 2018)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Defence Procurement) (20 Jun 2017 to 1 Jul 2018)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (8 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Defence Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Douglas Chapman’s speeches
- Has received answers to 73 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.21% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 68 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Douglas Chapman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 49 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jul 2018.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Exxon Mobil Chemical Ltd
Address of donor: Beverkae House, Mossmorran, Cowdenbeath KY4 8EP
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets to a Burns' Supper with a total value of £351.82
Date received: 26 January 2018
Date accepted: 26 January 2018
Donor status: company, registration 1589650
(Registered 19 March 2018
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: Diplocat (Public Diplomacy Council of Catalonia
Address of donor: Casa de les Punxes, Avenue Diagonal, 420 2n 1 a, 08037 Barcelona
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): accommodation with an estimated value of £678, and flights with an estimated value of £328; total £1,006
Destination of visit: Barcelona
Dates of visit: 28 September - 2 October 2017
Purpose of visit: To oversee referendum vote as part of an international delegation which included members of the APPG
(Registered 31 October 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from