Douglas Chapman’s voting in Parliament
Douglas Chapman is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Douglas Chapman’s votes.
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
30 votes for, 2 votes against, 3 absences, between 2015–2017
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 17 votes against, 6 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Douglas Chapman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Douglas Chapman’s full vote analysis page for more.
Douglas Chapman has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 20 Dec 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what assessment she has made of the potential merits of extending the 12-month time period within which a child maintenance agreement within a consent order cannot be overruled by the Child Maintenance Service.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what steps she is taking to ensure the provision of adequate training on the variations system for Child Maintenance Options staff to advise members of the public.
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Ms Dorries. With yesterday’s shipbuilding strategy debate and the expected statement from the Secretary of State, which is now in doubt—this week is turning into a bit of a defence-fest. This is an important debate at a time when defence is very much in the headlines, and I thank the hon. Member for Aldershot (Leo Docherty) for...
More of Douglas Chapman’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Dunfermline and West Fife
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Douglas Chapman campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Scotland Office
- Department for International Trade
- HM Treasury
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
- Dover House
- European Fighter Aircraft
- Maritime Patrol Aircraft
- Aircraft Carriers
Currently held offices
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (since 26 Oct 2017)
- Member, Committee on Standards (since 26 Oct 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Defence Procurement) (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (8 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Defence Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Douglas Chapman’s speeches
- Has received answers to 83 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 79.49% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Douglas Chapman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 42 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 19 Feb 2018.
Name of donor: Diplocat (Public Diplomacy Council of Catalonia
Address of donor: Casa de les Punxes, Avenue Diagonal, 420 2n 1 a, 08037 Barcelona
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): accommodation with an estimated value of £678, and flights with an estimated value of £328; total £1,006
Destination of visit: Barcelona
Dates of visit: 28 September - 2 October 2017
Purpose of visit: To oversee referendum vote as part of an international delegation which included members of the APPG
(Registered 31 October 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from