A selection of Jo Stevens's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
13 votes for, 6 votes against, 4 absences, between 2015–2017
Consistently voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 22 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jo Stevens’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jo Stevens’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, pursuant to the Answer of 24 April 2017 to Question 71069, how many emergency authorisation applications for the use of neonicotinoid pesticides the Government has approved in the last (a) 12 and (b) 24 months.
To ask the Secretary of State for Wales, what assessment he has made of the effect of the fall in the number of applications from EU nationals applying to study in universities in Wales since the EU referendum on the Welsh economy.
To ask the Secretary of State for Wales, what discussions he has had with the Welsh Government on steps to maintain the number of students from the EU applying to study at universities in Wales.
More of Jo Stevens’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Cardiff Central
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Jo Stevens campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Justice
- Wales Office
- Department for Transport
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department of Health
- Community Rehabilitation Companies
- Wales Office: Christmas
- Prisoners: Radicalism
- Prison Sentences
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (13 Mar 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Wales (6 Oct 2016 to 27 Jan 2017)
- Shadow Solicitor General (13 Jan 2016 to 6 Oct 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (7 Jan 2016 to 6 Oct 2016)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (28 Oct 2015 to 21 Jul 2016)
- Member, Committee on Standards (9 Sep 2015 to 21 Jul 2016)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 1 Feb 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Jo Stevens’s speeches
- Has received answers to 106 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.23% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 74 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 40 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from