Jo Stevens’s voting in Parliament
Jo Stevens is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Jo Stevens sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Jo Stevens voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jo Stevens’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jo Stevens’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jo Stevens has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Will the Minister give way on that point?
My hon. Friend is being generous with his time. He has talked about staff morale being at rock bottom, the soaring violence and the cuts to prison officer numbers. Does he agree that the prospect of having to work as a prison officer until the age of 68 is fuelling the record number of resignations from the Prison Service? We are in a cycle that we cannot get out of unless the pension age is...
Will the hon. Gentleman give way?
More of Jo Stevens’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Cardiff Central
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Jo Stevens campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Office
- Ministry of Justice
- Wales Office
- Department for Transport
- Department for Digital
- Media and Sport
- Immigration: EU Nationals
- EU Grants and Loans: Wales
- Railways: Wales
- Ports: Wales
- Brexit: Wales
Currently held offices
- Member, DCMS Sub-Committee on Disinformation (since 12 Mar 2019)
- Member, European Statutory Instruments Committee (since 18 Jul 2018)
- Member, Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 12 Sep 2017)
- Member, Justice Committee (13 Mar 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Wales (6 Oct 2016 to 27 Jan 2017)
- Shadow Solicitor General (13 Jan 2016 to 6 Oct 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (7 Jan 2016 to 6 Oct 2016)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (28 Oct 2015 to 21 Jul 2016)
- Member, Committee on Standards (9 Sep 2015 to 21 Jul 2016)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 1 Feb 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Sep 2019.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: ITV
Address of donor: 2 Waterhouse Square, 140 Holborn, London EC1N 2AE
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: In my capacity as a member of the Digital Culture Media and Sport Select Committee, a ticket to the National Television Awards
at the O2, Greenwich with a value of £1,330
Date received: 22 January 2019
Date accepted: 22 January 2019
Donor status: company, registration 04967001
(Registered 07 February 2019)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from