Jo Stevens campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Jo Stevens’s voting in Parliament
Jo Stevens is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Jo Stevens sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Jo Stevens generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
Jo Stevens generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jo Stevens’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jo Stevens’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jo Stevens has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how many serious further offences were committed between (a) June 2015 and June 2016 and (b) June 2013 and June 2014.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what assessment she has made of the ability of Working Links to provide a good quality service at Wales, Avon Bristol and Somerset, Devon and Cornwall and Dorset Community Rehabilitation Centres since the acquisition of that company by Aurelius; and what contingency plans her Department has for ownership of those services being acquired by companies...
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, when her Department plans to publish the findings of the Probation Service Review.
More of Jo Stevens’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Cardiff Central
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Ministry of Justice
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Transport
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Community Rehabilitation Companies
- Prisoners: Radicalism
- Prison Sentences
- Prisoners: Health Services
Currently held offices
- Shadow Solicitor General (since 13 Jan 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (since 7 Jan 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Privileges (28 Oct 2015 to 21 Jul 2016)
- Member, Committee on Standards (9 Sep 2015 to 21 Jul 2016)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 1 Feb 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 54 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Jo Stevens’s speeches
- Has received answers to 93 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.32% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 73 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jo Stevens’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 28 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Sep 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Prior to my election, I practised as a solicitor and was part owner and director of a solicitors firm, Thompsons Solicitors LLP
, Congress House, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3LW, a limited liability partnership. I resigned on 8 May 2015
. Between May 2015 and February 2018
, I will receive profit share payments attributable to the period up to my departure from the practice. (Registered 5 June 2015
; updated 26 October 2015
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Justice Forum
Address of donor: 160 Falcon Road, London SW11 2LN
Amount or nature and value of donation in kind: Administration and coordination of the Justice Unions Parliamentary Group, which I chaired until 13 January 2016
, by Union Services Parliamentary Consultancy, at a value of approx £3,000 from 3 November 2015
to 13 January 2016
Date received: 3 November 2015 to 13 January 2016
Date accepted: 1 December 2015
Donor status: unincorporated association
(Registered 02 December 2015; updated 2 February 2016
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: England Rugby 2015 Ltd
Address of donor: Twickenham Stadium, 200 Whitton Rd, TW2 7BA
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Tickets for Ireland v France match, Rugby World Cup
, estimated value £350
Date received: 10 October 2015
Date accepted: 10 October 2015
Donor status: company, registration no 06777896
(Registered 26 October 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from