Jo Stevens campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Jo Stevens’s voting in Parliament
Jo Stevens is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Jo Stevens sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Jo Stevens generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
Jo Stevens generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jo Stevens’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jo Stevens’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jo Stevens has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what assessment she has made of whether the five-day turnaround for pre-sentence allows sufficient time for safeguarding checks to be carried out.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, whether unaccompanied minors under the Syrian UNHCR Resettlement Programme are subject to the same procedures and protocols which her Department has in place for unaccompanied refugee minors from other countries where there is conflict.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many people have been deported after applying for indefinite leave to remain who had previously been granted discretionary leave to remain in the UK as unaccompanied minors since 2010.
More of Jo Stevens’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Cardiff Central
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Ministry of Justice
- Wales Office
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Transport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Community Rehabilitation Companies
- Wales Office: Christmas
- Prisoners: Radicalism
- Prison Sentences
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Wales (since 6 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Solicitor General (13 Jan 2016 to 6 Oct 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (7 Jan 2016 to 6 Oct 2016)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (28 Oct 2015 to 21 Jul 2016)
- Member, Committee on Standards (9 Sep 2015 to 21 Jul 2016)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 1 Feb 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Jo Stevens’s speeches
- Has received answers to 131 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.17% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 77 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jo Stevens’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 31 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Jan 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Prior to my election, I practised as a solicitor and was part owner and director of a solicitors firm, Thompsons Solicitors LLP
, Congress House, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3LW, a limited liability partnership. I resigned on 8 May 2015
. Between May 2015 and February 2018
, I will receive profit share payments attributable to the period up to my departure from the practice. (Registered 5 June 2015
; updated 26 October 2015
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Justice Forum
Address of donor: 160 Falcon Road, London SW11 2LN
Amount or nature and value of donation in kind: Administration and coordination of the Justice Unions Parliamentary Group, which I chaired until 13 January 2016
, by Union Services Parliamentary Consultancy, at a value of approx £3,000 from 3 November 2015
to 13 January 2016
Date received: 3 November 2015 to 13 January 2016
Date accepted: 1 December 2015
Donor status: unincorporated association
(Registered 02 December 2015; updated 2 February 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from