Jo Stevens’s voting in Parliament
Jo Stevens is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Jo Stevens sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Jo Stevens generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Jo Stevens generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jo Stevens’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jo Stevens’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jo Stevens has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many applications for permanent residency have been made by non-UK EU nationals since 23 June 2016; and how many and what proportion such applications have been rejected.
What plans he has to retain the benefits of membership of the single market and customs union for the manufacturing sector after the UK has left the EU.
More of Jo Stevens’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Cardiff Central
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Jo Stevens campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Justice
- Wales Office
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Transport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Community Rehabilitation Companies
- Wales Office: Christmas
- Prisoners: Radicalism
- Prison Sentences
Currently held offices
- Member, Justice Committee (since 13 Mar 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Wales (6 Oct 2016 to 27 Jan 2017)
- Shadow Solicitor General (13 Jan 2016 to 6 Oct 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (7 Jan 2016 to 6 Oct 2016)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (28 Oct 2015 to 21 Jul 2016)
- Member, Committee on Standards (9 Sep 2015 to 21 Jul 2016)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 1 Feb 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Jo Stevens’s speeches
- Has received answers to 109 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.85% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 74 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jo Stevens’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 38 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from