Jo Stevens’s voting in Parliament
Jo Stevens is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Jo Stevens sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Jo Stevens voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jo Stevens’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jo Stevens’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jo Stevens has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 5 Sep 2018
Automatic Electoral Registration (No. 2) Bill - 2nd reading – Jo Stevens.
To ask the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, what estimate he has made of the number of unencrypted transactions that were made during the encryption problem at TV Licensing between 29 August and 5 September 2018; for what reason the rectification of that problem took one week; and whether it was the security department of TV Licensing which uncovered that problem.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what assessment he has made of trends in the level of digital monopolies.
More of Jo Stevens’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Cardiff Central
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Jo Stevens campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Justice
- Wales Office
- Department for Transport
- Department for Digital
- Media and Sport
- Home Office
- EU Grants and Loans: Wales
- Railways: Wales
- Brexit: Wales
- Ports: Wales
- Economic Situation: Wales
Currently held offices
- Member, European Statutory Instruments Committee (since 18 Jul 2018)
- Member, Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 12 Sep 2017)
- Member, Justice Committee (13 Mar 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Wales (6 Oct 2016 to 27 Jan 2017)
- Shadow Solicitor General (13 Jan 2016 to 6 Oct 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (7 Jan 2016 to 6 Oct 2016)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (28 Oct 2015 to 21 Jul 2016)
- Member, Committee on Standards (9 Sep 2015 to 21 Jul 2016)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 1 Feb 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 57 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Jo Stevens’s speeches
- Has received answers to 440 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 82.01% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 67 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jo Stevens’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 71 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from