A selection of Natalie McGarry's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 18 votes against, 5 absences, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Natalie McGarry’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Natalie McGarry’s full vote analysis page for more.
What discussions he has had with the Attorney General on which provisions in the great repeal Bill may require the Government to legislate on devolved matters before the UK leaves the EU.
Before asking my last question in this House, may I thank you, Mr Speaker, your staff, and the outstanding House staff across all areas, and wish colleagues right across the House every success in the coming months? Can the Minister confirm whether the great repeal Bill will require legislative consent from the devolved Assemblies—yes or no?
With your indulgence, Mr Speaker, before I ask my question I would like to put on record my sincere thanks to the hon. Members for Weaver Vale (Graham Evans) and for Glasgow North West (Carol Monaghan) for assisting me when I was unwell yesterday. I also extend my thanks to the wonderful Commons staff and to the medics for their usual excellent care. In Culture, Media and Sport questions on...
More of Natalie McGarry’s recent appearances
Former Independent MP for Glasgow East
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Party was Scottish National Party until 23 Nov 2015
Topics of interest
Natalie McGarry campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- HM Treasury
- Department of Health
- Ministry of Defence
- Turkey: Kurds
- Pension Credit: Carers
- Carer's Allowance
- Jobcentres: Glasgow
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Disabilities) (20 May 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Natalie McGarry’s speeches
- Has received answers to 68 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 52.82% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 33 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 42 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from