Natalie McGarry’s voting in Parliament
This is a selection of Natalie McGarry’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Natalie McGarry’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Natalie McGarry’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
Does the hon. Gentleman agree that a huge concern for us all is the role of Iranian Shi’a militia in destabilising post-liberation Mosul in the vacuum after the removal of Daesh, and in creating the conditions for Iranian-sponsored instability and sectarianism in Mosul and the surrounding area?
If she will make a statement on her departmental responsibilities.
To echo what my hon. Friend the Member for North Ayrshire and Arran (Patricia Gibson) said, the Secretary of State will be well aware that the maximum stake on fixed odds betting terminals is £100, which is 50 times the permitted cap on other high-street fruit machines. That particularly affects areas of severe deprivation, as there is great proliferation of these machines on high...
More of Natalie McGarry’s recent appearances
Independent MP for Glasgow East
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Party was Scottish National Party until 23 Nov 2015
Topics of interest
Natalie McGarry campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- HM Treasury
- Department of Health
- Ministry of Defence
- Turkey: Kurds
- Pension Credit: Carers
- Carer's Allowance
- Jobcentres: Glasgow
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Disabilities) (20 May 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Natalie McGarry’s speeches
- Has received answers to 67 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 53.99% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 51 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Natalie McGarry’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 39 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
Name of donor: Centre for Kurdish Progress
Address of donor: 131 South Block, County Hall, 1B Belvedere Rd, London SE1 7GD
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and hotel accommodation with a total value of £307
Destination of visit: Turkey
Date of visit: 24-27 February 2016
Purpose of visit: to visit civil society organisations, trades unions and politicians to gain better understanding of the political and humanitarian situation in the area.
(Registered 03 March 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from