Stuart McDonald’s voting in Parliament
Stuart McDonald is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Stuart McDonald’s votes.
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
21 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2016–2017
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 21 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stuart McDonald’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stuart McDonald’s full vote analysis page for more.
Stuart McDonald has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many applications have been received each week for discretionary leave to remain as a survivor or other individual directly affected by the Grenfell Tower fire since 5 July 2017.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what estimate she has made of the number of people who are entitled to discretionary leave to remain as a survivor or other individual directly affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what tasks each strategic migration partnership are funded to undertake.
More of Stuart McDonald’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Cumbernauld, Kilsyth and Kirkintilloch East
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Stuart McDonald campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Office
- HM Treasury
- Department for Education
- Department of Health
- Ministry of Defence
- Asylum: Housing
- Undocumented Migrants: Private Rented Housing
- Asylum: Families
- Asylum: EU Law
- Revenue and Customs: Cumbernauld
Currently held offices
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Immigration, Asylum and Border Control) (since 20 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Investigatory Powers Bill (Joint Committee) (5 Nov 2015 to 11 Feb 2016)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 54 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Stuart McDonald’s speeches
- Has received answers to 89 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 70 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stuart McDonald’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 105 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from