Patrick Grady’s voting in Parliament
Patrick Grady is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Patrick Grady’s votes.
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 21 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
19 votes for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Patrick Grady’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Patrick Grady’s full vote analysis page for more.
Patrick Grady has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what representations he has received from those EU Member States who abstained in the vote on UN General Assembly Resolution 71/292 on their decision to abstain.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what assessment his Department has made of the effect of 22 EU member states abstaining in the vote on UN General Assembly Resolution 71/292 on diplomatic relations with those states.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what representations his Department has made to the Governments of those EU member states who abstained in the vote on UN General Assembly Resolution 71/292 on their decision to abstain.
More of Patrick Grady’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Glasgow North
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Patrick Grady campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for International Development
- Home Office
- HM Treasury
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Overseas Aid
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Eritrea: Human Rights
- Devolution: Scotland
- Multinational Companies: Taxation
Currently held offices
- Member, Committee of Selection (since 12 Sep 2017)
- SNP Chief Whip (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (International Development) (20 May 2015 to 20 Jun 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 145 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Patrick Grady’s speeches
- Has received answers to 135 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.44% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 86 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Patrick Grady’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 208 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: The Scotch Whisky Association
Address of donor: Quartermile Two, 2 Lister Square, Edinburgh EH3 9GL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: as part of an APPG
on Scotch Whisky fact-finding visit to Islay, travel, accommodation and subsistence with a value of £379.41
Date received: 7-8 October 2016
Date accepted: 7 October 2016
Donor status: company, registration SC035148
(Registered 19 October 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from