Kate Hollern’s voting in Parliament
Kate Hollern is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Kate Hollern’s votes.
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 21 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kate Hollern’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kate Hollern’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kate Hollern has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps the Government is taking to improve the delivery of mental health services.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps his Department is taking to provide access to mental health services for homeless people.
To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, what steps his Department is taking to improve outreach services for homeless people.
More of Kate Hollern’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Blackburn
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Kate Hollern campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Transport
- Home Office
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Trident Submarines
- Ministry of Defence: Procurement
- Universal Credit
- Defence: Procurement
- Disability Living Allowance: Appeals
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Housing, Communities and Local Government) (since 9 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (9 Oct 2016 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (7 Jan 2016 to 9 Oct 2016)
- Member, Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee (25 Nov 2015 to 1 Feb 2016)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
- Member, Education Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 1 Feb 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Kate Hollern’s speeches
- Has received answers to 86 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.19% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 44 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kate Hollern’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 18 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from