Kate Hollern’s voting in Parliament
Kate Hollern is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Kate Hollern sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kate Hollern generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kate Hollern’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kate Hollern’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kate Hollern has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, what proportion of employees in Blackburn with Darwen were on zero hours contracts in each year for which data is available.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what steps he is taking to support job creation schemes in (a) the North West and (b) Blackburn with Darwen.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what steps he is taking to support business growth schemes in (a) the North West and (b) Blackburn with Darwen.
More of Kate Hollern’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Blackburn
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Kate Hollern campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Transport
- Department of Health
- Ministry of Justice
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Trident Submarines
- Ministry of Defence: Procurement
- Defence: Procurement
- Disability Living Allowance: Appeals
- Trident Submarines: Finance
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (since 9 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (7 Jan 2016 to 9 Oct 2016)
- Member, Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee (25 Nov 2015 to 1 Feb 2016)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
- Member, Education Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 1 Feb 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Kate Hollern’s speeches
- Has received answers to 20 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 43 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kate Hollern’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 17 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Oct 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Unite the Union
Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Road, Holborn, London WC1X 8TN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 05 July 2017
Name of donor: Hong Kong Government
Address of donor: c/o Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, 18 Bedford Square, London WC1B 3JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights approx. £8,500; accommodation approx. £413 per night; transport and hospitality approx. £207; total value £10,359
Destination of visit: Hong Kong
Dates of visit: 9-13 January 2017
Purpose of visit: APPG
on China delegation to maintain bilateral ties; support British businesses operating in Hong Kong; and deepen the knowledge of parliamentarians of Hong Kong’s political, social and economic development.
(Registered 10 February 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
From August 2015, a half-share in a residential property in Blackburn: (i). (Registered 29 September 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from