A selection of Stephen Kinnock's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
7 votes for, 9 votes against, 7 absences, between 2016–2017
Has never voted on removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2016–2017
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stephen Kinnock’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stephen Kinnock’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, why his Department has not published spend greater than £25,000 since July 2016; and when that information will be published.
What assessment he has made of the effect on Wales of the UK leaving the EU.
Brexit could have a negative impact on jobs in Wales, so the proposal to build a category C prison in my constituency is welcome in principle. However, it is difficult to understand why the Baglan Energy Park has been selected as the site for the prison. It is even more difficult to understand why the Prisons Minister, the Under-Secretary of State for Justice, the hon. Member for East Surrey...
More of Stephen Kinnock’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Aberavon
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Stephen Kinnock campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Home Office
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- HM Treasury
- Blood: Contamination
- Jobcentres: Travel
- Turkey: Syria
- Personal Independence Payment
- Pharmaceutical Price Regulation Scheme
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (1 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (9 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Stephen Kinnock’s speeches
- Has received answers to 81 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 46 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 70 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Aberavon & Port Talbot RFC
Address of donor: Talbot Athletic Ground, Manor St, Port Talbot SA13 1AB
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Wales v England match tickets for me and my wife with a total value of £1,280
Date received: 11 February 2017
Date accepted: 11 February 2017
Donor status: company, registration 04180072
(Registered 08 March 2017
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: European Leadership Network
Address of donor: Suite 407, Southbank House, Black Prince Road, London SE1 7SJ
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, train, accommodation and food with a value of £822.90
Destination of visit: Brussels, Belgium
Dates of visit: 25-26 January 2017
Purpose of visit: As a member of the ELN, to attend a meeting of the Russia Contact Group, discussing Russia-West relations.
(Registered 27 January 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from